Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that launch at Callville
Quote:Callville Bay Launch Ramp - The existing upper asphalt portion will be replaced with V-grooved reinforced concrete for better traction and drainage. A sidewalk will also be added as part of the improvements.

During construction, the launch ramp will remain open.
[signature]
National Park Service
U.S. Department of the Interior
LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA News Release
For Immediate Release: August 22, 2013
Release No.: 2013-62
CALLVILLE BAY LAUNCH RAMP UNDERGOING $1.35 MILLION IN IMPROVEMENTS
BOULDER CITY, Nev. – A $1.35 million construction project began Aug. 22 at Lake Mead National Recreation Area to improve the launch ramp at Callville Bay.
The existing upper asphalt portion of the launch ramp will be demolished and removed. It will be replaced with V-grooved reinforced concrete for better traction and drainage. A sidewalk will also be added as part of the improvements.
During construction, the launch ramp will remain open. The upper 300 feet of launch ramp access will be temporarily reduced, to one lane of traffic in and one lane out, from the launch ramp. Congestion is expected to be minimal.
The project is scheduled to be completed by Sept. 30.
Funding for the project was provided by the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act. The contractor is Abide International based out of Sonoma, Calif.
-NPS-
[signature]
shows how stupid the government is about construction, start construction before the holiday weekend.

it was a complete cluster f*** down there. They had to get the rangers to start being traffic coordinators.
[signature]
Not sure how long this will take but it will be a cluster regardless starting Thursday into the following week.

Thursday-Saturday US Open official practice.
The following Mon-Wednesday will be the tournament.

I guess it doesn't matter to me regardless [cool] I don't launch there. Or at least haven't in well over a year.
[signature]