Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield report sat 12-6
[#000080][size 2]It was 30 degrees at 7:15am this morning on arrival. It was overcast and threatening for things to come. I fished from the eastside where you can drive down to water. I was the 4th truck there. I went out about 20 yards cut a hole in about 8 feet of water and the rats were a feeding. I caught a dink right away. I sent it back to momma, and dropped again. Started to get more rat hits, so I moved another 15 yards out. Nothing for 10 mins. I moved another 20 yards and sat for 3 1/2 hours of non-stop action. I was feeding the fishies. Caught a bunch, but I missed a heck of a lot more. I took home 4 eaters about 15". The biggers ones either broke off or slip the hook at the hole. [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] It started snowing pretty good at times. I went thru 2 pair of gloves that got all wet until I decided to turn the heater on. At one point, everything I had with me had an inch of snow on it. The fishies feasted on nightcrawler dujur with crawfish goo. I used a 1/8 and 1/16 oz jigs with luminist glow or chart glow bodies. I left about 11:15. Went shopping and bought a new fishin' pole.[/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Great report, How thick was the ice?
[signature]
It was 6" or better. Temperature drop to 28 by 11:00.
[signature]
Great report. Its very depressing being at work while you guys out and slay the fishes. I have next weekend off so I'll be posting a report. It is good to here your reports, appreciate the info. cant wait till next week-end.

koke
[signature]

[signature]
[Wink]Woops, guess I screwed up on that post...

Anyhooters, I also had a pretty good day at Scofield today. Like Tomegun said it snowed most of the time up there, but temperature wise, it wasn't bad. I remember one day last year when it was 11 below zero when I got there. This fishing was great. Tomegun, I'm wondering if I was fishing by you today, because there was only one other person doing better than my buddy and me, and he let me use some Crave Natural Trout Gravy and after that, I started catching a bunch more. He wasn't using it himself, but said here, try some of this on it. Anyway, I fished where IFG said to go on a post about a week and a half ago. I love this spot! we fished for about 4 hours 'cause my buddy had other obligations he had to be back to provo at 1, but we caught about 15 between the two of us, with the biggest landed being 3lbs and 19 inches, and smallest being 8 inches. Most were in the mid teens in length. Had my best success on white Whatta Crickets (thanx, James) but didn't get Jack on the Chartuese ones but they'll probably work better at the berry. Also did well on the Berkley 1 inch Nymph (Crawdad Color) with crawdad smelly jelly added and fished right off the bottom. I was using a Kastmaster above it because I forgot to put 4lb test on there. I still had 8lb on there so I couldn't tell where the hell the bottom was without the kastmaster. Tipped Kastmaster and jig with nightcrawler (seemed to work better than wax worm today).

Can't wait to go again, and good luck those of you going out tomorrow, etc.!![pirate]
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]Next Sat will probably be the last time this season I'll head up to Scofield. The rest of my time will be spent at Strawberry, Utah Lake, and Fishlake. [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] Where did you fish at? I read the post,but my attention span lasts in minutes not days. [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] I think I might see how many people I can get to meet at the gas station at the mouth of Spanish Fork canyon next sat. Who knows, maybe we can put together an impromptu BFT get together.[/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Yper Jr. and I fished west of the island, from 7:30 TILL 11:30 we landed 15 - 20 fish mostly in the 15" range, one 20" cut and one 22" cutbow, we were also using white whatta crickets and white jig.
[signature]
wish i went with ya dave. dont tell my wife i went looking at new boats ssshhhhhh!
[signature]
O.k., I'll give up my spot... I was gonna fish over noreast of the island like usual, but my friend said, no-I've got a better spot, so I said "right on." We fished over where the dam channel starts going out to the main lake about 100yards off shore, and it was awesome!!! The guy that was doing better than us had a little daughter probably 8 years old or so and doing well also. Everyone else around us was having lots of bites, but only landing about 2 fish per person. I forgot to mention that I probably had at least 30 bites or so, and toward the end of the day, I finally figured out how to hook more of those "nibbles."
[signature]
Took my son and his friend up today. We got there about 7:00. Parked across (east) from the island. Went out a ways and did pretty well. We each caught about 5, cooked breakfast, and went home about 11:00. Must have been several of us in that area. It was a good day. On the way out we saw someone flying a kite down by the dam. Looked like he was having a great time.
[signature]
Yeah, I saw that dude with the kite also. I think it was blue and white, wasn't it? I was about 700 yards closer to the main channel from the dam from him. Was gonna go talk to those guys and tell them that that looked fun, but I was having to much fun catchen fishies.

I looked over toward the island, and there must have been over 50 parties of fisherman over there. Glad it wasn't that crowded where I was, but that's cool you guys got into the fish!
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]That breakfast sure did smell good. I was 40 yards north of you fishing by myself. I saw the kite flyer too. [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Should have stopped by we had plenty!
[signature]
The guy with the kite might of been with the new BFT'er that responded to the "Scofield Saturday???" report . I'm debating on going tomorrow but the weather is saying bring shelter . Could be snowing tomorrow too . Maybe I should get chains too .
[signature]
I was there also. I was slightly further to the west, sitting in my hut with the heater on. We caught them on anything we threw at them. Night crawlers and wax worms seemed to work the best. I landed 22. Missed at least that many. My son landed 8. I was the second truck down at the waters edge. The guy with his little girl got there about 60 to 90 minutes before sunup. They were heading back to his truck so she could thaw out when we were heading out. I fished in 18 feet of water. The big fish were biting hard and frensied till about 10. After that, we caught all dinks. Had to work for them. The smallest was 3 inches. We caught several 2 lbs or more that we released. Took home 6 nice fish for the frying pan. (3 each).
[signature]
i guess i've been labeled 'kite dude'. [Wink] my buddy brought his kite and was kind of skeptical about flying it in the blowing snow. but it ended up flying just fine and we had a blast with it. it would pull you along the ice as the kite dipped down to certain height. we even jumped in a sled and had it pull us along. it was a fun little toy to have along. it was a good way to warm up if you got cold, too. okay...to report on fishing.

we got there around 8:30 am. we had 7 in our group (but only 3 of us really fished). dave brought 3 of his boys who fished for about 10 minutes then went to sled on the hill. dave was a bit frustrated after spending a good chunk of time setting up there rigs only to have them go play. as soon as he got his own pole in the water he started catching fish right away. jordan (guy that brought kite) didn't have a license so he didn't fish. i caught 2 right off the bat in the first 10 minutes at a depth of about 16' using a glowing rat finkee tipped with meal worm. i swithced to a small white and pink jig head and caught 3 more as the day went on. i ended up with only 5 for the day. i missed a bunch of hits...should have caught more! the other guys were using various stuff...glow tubes, etc. my buddy lane caught the biggest of the day...a 2 lb cut. all in all, we pulled in around 12 or 13 fish. i gave up my vexilar for a while hoping to get all the kids a fish, but 2 of them ended up getting skunked. but, they thought the vexilar was the coolest thing being able to see a fish near the bait. we had a great time!