Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Report Sat. 12/6/03
Went to Utah Lake Sat. afternoon for about 2 hours from 4:00 until dark. Walked out on the pipe at the bubble up near Lindon harbor. There was absolutely no ice left anywhere I could see. Looks like it all melted this week. Last saturday I went out there to check it out and it was all frozen but there was a little 50 ft. square area still open because of the moving water coming out of the pipe. There was a guy there fishing with an orange jig, had a stringerful of white bass. So I thought cool, I'll go out there and do the same. Didn't get a thing the whole time. Looks like this is the year of catching 0 white bass for me.

I tried a couple of TubeDude's baitbugs -- a black one w/gold spinner blade, and a chartreuse and pink one with silver blade. I tried working them slowly along the bottom, I tried slowly raising and lowering, I tried reeling medium speed through the center of the water column. Nothing.

Not sure if they all just dispersed since it was all open water now, or if they just didn't like what I was doing. At least I got out fishing. Haven't been out since Sept. 6 at the 2nd perch party at Jordanelle. Who knows where I'll go this saturday.

BTW -- Anyone catch the DENVER game yesterday??? Go BRONCOS!!!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Cat_man, too bad the fishing wasn't better. I saw the game last night, the Broncos rock, If they can keep this up they might make it to the Superbowl. WH2
[signature]