Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield, huntington, clevland ice report
Hit up scofield today for some black friday ice fishing...3" of good clear ice...caught about 20 fish 2 rainbows the rest were cutts no tigers....3 cutts over 18"...toured up to clevland and huntington just to check the ice conditions for all my friends here on the forum...both had over 6 inches of ice on them so there is plenty of good ice fishing to be had in this region if anyone was thinking bout a saturday or a sunday trip! I was so happy to fish scofield on thanksgiving weekend its been 2 years since thats happened. good luck my friends
[signature]
I would urge anyone heading that way to use some caution. Scofield is not entirely covered with 3" of ice. I would guess the majority of the lake has less than two inches. The spots I checked today I couldn't even step onto the ice without it breaking. Not trying to be a downer just want to save someone some disappointment and a swim. . Also still a few weak spots on Cleveland. Hate to hear of someone going in.
[signature]
dakota thanks for the up date on them lakes :}
[signature]
gotta agree with creed...i tried 2 spots and they were both 3" but it would be foolish to think that the whole lake is that thick or that there are no weak/soft spots....i didnt know that about clevland so thanks for the info creed. use best judgement when venturing onto the ice drill some test holes and above all be safe out there!
[signature]