Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Update
Hit the Berry bright and early this morning. Unloaded the wheeler at the marina and went south to the other side just west of Haws Point. Conditions were great for the wheeler.
Drilled my first hole in 14' feet of water. I was using a green paddle bug tipped with a minnow. Other rod had a blue ratso with mealie. Started getting very subtle bites with the bug setup. The bite was not much, but on the other end the fish were big. Had two break me off. Finally ended up catching a fish on the ratso, but switched the other rod to a bug setup also. Ended up catching a dozen or so with many missed lite bites. All fish were cutts, biggest one was 21". I left around noon and the fish were still biting.
[signature]
Nice update man. Glad to hear about your great fishing day. I'm going this weekend and I hope I'll have good success.
[signature]
Nice report.[Smile]That's a great spot over there.How thick is the ice over there.[cool]
[signature]
Ice was 8" and solid. Was making a lot of noise. Even heard it pushing up on shore. Also there were some vehicles over there so really didn't need a wheeler to venture over there. But I'd rather take a wheeler than get a 4x4 stuck.
[signature]
Glad you had a good day.
A friend and I hit the berry and 8:30 this morning and went just west to the marina. I caught a 17 in cutt in less that two minutes in the first hole and then nothing until about 1:15 when we decided to leave. I landed a 19 in beauty. The first fish took a pink and white jig tipped with a mealy and the other one took a white feathered jig with sparkles again tipped with a mealy. We saw lots of fish on the finder and most were just under the ice however I hooked mine on the bottom. Talked to a number of other fishermen and it was slow for them too. It was a great day to be on the ice. No smog, lots of blue sky and 21 degrees. Beats the city inversion.
[signature]