Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Crick
I got skunked two full days in a row at Sand Hollow, so I grabbed my fly rod and a map and started driving. In total, I put 300 miles on my Pimp-Prius and did a big loop around Cedar City, Brian Head, etc. before I finally found a spot to fish. I saw no signs, it was a TINY little creek, and I had no clue if there were fish in it. I sat and watched the water for signs of life for about 20 minutes with nothing. I was about to head back to the car when I happened to see a small dead rainbow mashed into some weeds along the bank. Game on.

Spent the next two hours pulling little Rainbows out, and man it was fun. I haven't targeted Trout in a long time, and even though they were small, it was still a nice rush. I google-earth'd my spot and it looks like I was on the Parowan Creek, at the base of Brian Head.

Here are a few pics, you know, because you guys haven't seen enough dinks in this forum:

[Image: Fish001_zpsf61896a8.jpg]

[Image: Fish002_zps71718746.jpg]

[Image: Fish003_zps5d782f5c.jpg]

[Image: Fish005_zpscb3e94e6.jpg]

Lovely little sunset...
[Image: Fish007_zpsf8728732.jpg]

[Image: Fish009_zps532a4f88.jpg]

[Image: Fish010_zps2516b1d9.jpg]
[signature]
Sounds like a good time. Now go find some trout without snow in the background if you want to make us jealous. Not sure but I might be heading down to enjoy the warmth and catching dink trout in another day or 2. (Haven't let the wife know of my plans yet[Wink])
[signature]
I was in St. Geo on business, so we tried to fish Lees Ferry, but too much water being released. Searched in vain for another place to fish. Someone suggested Three Lakes just outside of Kanab, but it looked to be on private property so didn't stop. Hauled fly gear for 7 days and never got to use it [Sad]
[signature]
I hope you didn't drive all the way over to Lee's Ferry to find it blown out from another High Flow Event to wash out sand that enters from the Paria below the damn.
Should look at the suggestions from this previous post if you're down that way in winter again
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...43;#846443
[signature]
Primary purpose of trip was to visit mother-in-law in Sedona, so Lees Ferry was on the way (we had hoped to fish it going out and coming back). Did spend the night but only saw 3 boats and two waders on the river. I was dissuaded from buying a day license because 2014 AZ non-res license is $20 per day or $50 per year.

The high-flow event was in Nov, but they're still oscillating flow from 9,000 to 16,000 cfs on a daily basis. I'm sure fish are freaked out.

Thanks for great link on So. Utah fishing. Will put it to good use on next trip to St. Geo.
[signature]