Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 days of hell + Rusty
Well the bottom line is I'm home, Thursday, with Rusty's new mission in life to replace a much, much loved one (Sparky)..
The trip was close to 1000 mi. round trip. The going was ok, picked up rusty 1/29 about noon and headed back. That's when the drama occurred. 1st 50 mph ground blowing snow over "South Pass" (a little worrying). Then just E. of Evanston when we thought we were home free, a little late and tired, it hit us! Heavy, heavy snow!!! Sandy said We are stopping at Evanston or I'm getting out. Good thing, they closed !80. Found a cheap motel and brought in the carrier with Rusty. He did good.
Got up a little late,(tired). had breakfast and started off. Oh my God, had a low pressure light for tires!!! Going flat, what???? Looked at em, and they looked normal. Couldn't risk driving with the indication. What if I had a flat on the way home? Had to find a tire place quick since I had Nitrogen filled tires, and with the help of a very kind gas station person was directed to a Big O site, which by the way ain't easy to find.
Turned out to be a low indication because of cold temp.s and he topped it off free of charge. Nice folks! Took off much relieved looking for a short run home. Wrong --------, [mad] big time trailer accident on I-80 above Echo and a 5-10 mile back up with about 1-11/2 stop and go. Wow, what next? Well we finally made i home and took some pics. for you guys of Rusty (3 mos).
Here.s a pics I promised.

[inline Rusty.jpg]
[signature]
Awesome. There's just something about those new pups! Glad you have a new companion.
[signature]
Sorry to hear of all the complications along the way. Later down the road you will remember it and talk about the bad experience, and maybe laugh. Nice to see your new companion. Looks like a keeper to me. Hope the rest of the time you had was better. Maybe grabbing a pole and going fishing will relieve some stress. I know it does for me.
[signature]
Wow sounds like a wild trip. Glad to see you have a new friend. [cool]
[signature]
Glad you made it ok with the new pup as the nasty storm predicted materialized.
The nitrogen just changes pressure less with temperature changes than air I believe. You can always add air ( abt 80% nitrogen anyways) if needed. If you really care about nitrogen and have to use air just take it in sometime after air was added. They'll deflate the tire and refill it with just nitrogen. Personally I don't bother as if you just added a few pound it's probable just 1-2 percent oxygen and 98% nitrogen still anyways.
My wife got me a new pup just 2 month after my previous dog died. I warn you that dog is the most spoiled rotten dog on earth as a result. She's a good dog though. Swam at 8 wks, chasing off coyotes by 9 months and yet to meet a mtn lion or black bear she won't convince to stay away.
[signature]
Can't wait to read the upcoming adventures from you and rusty![fishin]
[signature]
May I most humbly suggest that your new moniker be "Leaky and the Rusty Barket?"
[signature]
Welcome Rusty!
[signature]
I'm sure Rusty will make an excellent companion. He sure look like a nice dog...
[signature]
With the new river access laws being proposed, maybe we can meet up w/o breaking club rules now???? [Smile] Would like to see you guys again. Against popular opinion, you guys are "good people". Maybe being old, I'm more easily fooled, but I don't think so!!![Wink]
[signature]

welcome aboard Rusty, you have a good master...
[signature]
Good lookin' pup! Good for you Fred!
[signature]
Ya for sure a new dogs helps out especially when my dog died almost 1 years ago. Going too miss sure my fishing girl when she got excited seeing the bobber goes up or a fish splashing close too shore. [:/].
[signature]
Welcome Back.. Glad to see your new Family member.. [cool]
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
[quote Leaky33] With the new river access laws being proposed, maybe we can meet up w/o breaking club rules now???? [Smile] Would like to see you guys again. Against popular opinion, you guys are "good people". Maybe being old, I'm more easily fooled, but I don't think so!!![Wink][/quote]

I can teach that pup the art of "trout levitation"[Wink] Currupting the youth isn't always a bad thing.[:p]
[signature]
Hello Rusty. Welcome to the Forum. We are excited to start reading stories about you and Leaky. Take care of him. He's a good man.
[signature]
Good looking pup Fred, too bad you had to go through hell to get him home. When are you planning on taking him out for his first fishing trip?
[signature]
Boy, I don't know. I'm worried about pushing it. He's only 3 mos and been with us only 3 days.. When do you think? I'm thinking , after house breaking and a little work on "come".. maybe in a month at the river on leash and off depending on him???? Maybe just a walk around? [:/] Too early for swimming/wading in the river I think. I'll miss Sparky's help with the trout.

[signature]
No use in pushing him but in another two or three months the weather will be better and a lot of the snow we have now will be gone, much safer conditions. Plus that will give him plenty of time to get to know you and grow up a little. Like you said in another month conditions will be better and just getting out there on a leash will wet his appetite for more as he gets bigger. Yea at his age getting him in the river might be a little too much, maybe wait until the spring run off is over[:/]. I know you're still missing Sparky but with a little time and training hopefully Rusty will be helping you with those trout as well.[Smile]
[signature]