Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaver at Lake Mead!??!
Just wanted to share something unusual i encounter at Lake Mead today. I was fishing this morning on shore never a cove and right beneath me came out a beaver swimming around right in front of me. Wow am I the first one to have seen a beaver at Lake Mead?!?! And no that big 50 lb rodent was definitely not an otter. Its was BIG and had a flat flapper tail!! Thats crazy I never knew beaver exist in Lake Mead??? I guess anything is possible in that Lake!!!
[signature]
I have seen Beavers before. Vegas Wash 2 years ago when the water was higher and you could go up into the river some towards the old Vegas Marina.
[signature]
Hell yeah! I hate beavers (of the rodent variety [Wink] )there's a decent population along the wetland trail that feeds into the LV Wash--I was shore fishing down there when the water was up, ventured way down to the waters edge through trees and boulders and ended up standing on a big mud pile that ended up being a beaver dam (watched him swim right under me into the mud pile). I scrambled outta there so fast. Did you ever see the video of that Swedish fisherman getting killed by the beaver?
[signature]
I have also seen one a few years back cruising the shore line in back of the wash. we tried scooting close and when we got about 30 feet or so he would slap his tail and scoot about 50 feet and resurface. I think its pretty cool...
But ya I would not mess with one. hahaha
[signature]
[quote n2kboyi]Just wanted to share something unusual i encounter at Lake Mead today. I was fishing this morning on shore never a cove and right beneath me came out a beaver swimming around right in front of me. Wow am I the first one to have seen a beaver at Lake Mead?!?! And no that big 50 lb rodent was definitely not an otter. Its was BIG and had a flat flapper tail!! Thats crazy I never knew beaver exist in Lake Mead??? I guess anything is possible in that Lake!!![/quote]

wonder if any are in the legal hunting/trapping areas. LOL would be fun to get a lake mead beaver.
[signature]