Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caught a Pig Reloaded
Hit the lake today bright and early. I had been itching to get into some LM after reading all the reports on here. Plus, I wanted to fish a new spot I had been eyeing. Wow, what a day. Caught my biggest LM of the year and it was the first fish of the day. Can't get any better than that. Too bad I left my scale in the car. I went to catch 5 more LM that I would estimate they weighed in at 2 to 3lbs. And to top off the day, I caught my very first gizzard shad on a lipless crankbait. Lol. Great day of fishing.
[signature]
Wow! Nice fish! Were those at government wash?? I was out there today from about 10am-3pm and seen one little tiny lmb and that was it. I need to find a place to catch some fish. The last fish I caught from shore at lake mead was a 2lb catfish like 8 years ago at 2am. I tried everything today from live minnows and night crawlers to swim baits and crank baits. I even tried my 6" original ac plug. I was on the right side of this little cove here.
[signature]
No, I usually don't fish in high traffic areas anymore. That area of gov't wash is a little too busy for me. I don't know if I can divulge the whereabouts of my secret fishing spot. Lol. I'll pm it to you because I rather it not get out here on forum land.

On a different note, I added the correct pics of the pig. The piggie pulled so hard on the spinnerbait that it straightened out the wire that runs from body of the lure to the blades. Boy the piggie sure put a great fight.
[signature]
Yea there was a ton of people at government wash. I went out this morning at sunrise to 33 hole and found a few coves with some pretty sizable bass. I finally caught a decent size one but the bigger ones were really spooky. They would scatter at anything I threw at them.
[signature]