Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to legally dump 2 stroke gas??
I have 5 gallons of mixed gas that was left over from the summer. Now that I have no boat and nothing else that requires 2 stroke, does anybody know where I can take it to get rid of it and will it cost me anything??
[signature]
You can burn it in any 4 cycle engine if it is still good gas. It may cause a little more smoke but it’s ok to use. I know some companies that have had a hard time keeping employees from put regular gas in 2 cycles so they mix all of their gas for both 4 cycle and 2 cycle engine it’s cheaper than buying new engines. If it’s not too old I’ll take and use it. If it is old the dump will take it but you have to leave your can too. I do have some old can if you want one. It will cost about $5-$7.
[signature]
hey teroy a few people may argue with this but think about it. I always put any extra gas in my car ot truck. the oil is just a lubricant and its designed to mix and thin down to match the gas. it doesn't plug injectors and it'll lubricate the cylinders. I wouldn't make a habit of it but 5 gallons mixed into 10 or more gallons thats allready in your tank.

the worst case scenero is that if you run too much is that it may plug up your o2 sensor. but you would have to put alot in there to do that. I've ran up to 12 gallons before of mixed gas in mine with only 5 gallons of un-mixed gas before and never had a problem. it'll smoke very little but that it. DZ
[signature]
Maybe someone with a 2-stroke snowmobile would take it off your hands.
[signature]
Teroy,

I notice that you are at Hill. It may be a bit far but the Salt Lake County dump takes old gas and oil and stuff like that for free. Just take your hazardous waste there and dump it into their barrels or leave it their is a container you don't want. They ask you to fill out a survey slip but it is harmless. It is a great service they provide. They also take old paint, batteries, poisons, etc. Hope this helps.

m
[signature]
teroy.

another idea is to leave it in your driveway and maybe some gas thieves will pick it up for their quads or sleds LOL. up at my parents place the neighbor kids dumped a full tank of dads diesel into their brand new snowmobile. and then asked me to look at why it wouldn't run.
[signature]
You could dump it on my wonderful neighbors lawn for a Christmas present! LOL
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Teroy,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Danzilla's got this one right again. Absolutly no harm done to your car or truck if you don't do it freequently. I've been putting old 2-stroke fuel into my truck off and on for a couple of years now. When ever I wanted to make sure that I had new dependable gas for my boat, I would put the old stuff in my truck. These new emmission control systems in our new trucks love the challange of properly burning a little extra oil. Think about it ... all gas is anyway is a subset of oil. Worst case, you will have to replace your plugs at 80,000 miles rather than 85,000 miles.[/size][/font]
[signature]
If it is still good I think that it should go back into the GREEN TRI-HULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can pick it up next week at your place during one of my beer runs to base!

CE Rules LOL
[signature]
A mechanic friend told me that I could use my leftover two-stroke oil/gas mix in any carbureted 4-stroke engine. He said he wouldn't use it with fuel-injected engines, may plug the injectors too much. Some of the leftover 2-stroke gas went into my '82 Bronco with a 300-6, some went to my yard machines. My Bronco didn't have any problems burning some of the old oil/gas mix. Like others said, it may smoke a little bit in any 4-stroke engine that you put that stuff in.

Happy Holidays to all,
kastmaster
[signature]