Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 9/27
Went down to Yuba on saturday despite the 100% chance of rain.....well the weathermen got it right this time! we got hammered off and on all day with rain but lightning stayed out of the picture . we launched shortly before 7 in pitch black conditions.......motored very slowly towards the Island only to find out the "island" is now part of the shoreline .....started casting the shoreline by the narrows and snared a hammer handle on a crank bait. few hours later I hooked into a decent fighting fish........got it up to the boat , saw the width of its shoulders before the drag on my reel started screaming ( such a great sound) - told my buddy to grab the big net! fish had a couple more impressive runs in her before i guided it into my musky net. awesome specimen! - couple of quick pics and sent her away swimming strong .........ill be back down there soon.
[signature]
Nice looking pike and great report. Thanks for sharing![cool]
[signature]
Nice fish and nice release. You are the man. Too much rain for me. Congratulations.
I was there too. We heard your cheers loud and clear from across the lake. We only managed one small one on a white/chart spinnerbait. The small pike I caught would have been lunch for your fish. I too will be heading down there again soon.

Nice work
[signature]
haha.......yeah we were celebrating a bit after that catch.!!!!
Largest Utah fish to date......by far ( been here 5 months)
I'm gonna head back down there this weekend give them another shot
U see my smokercraft out there again don't hesitate to say hello and compare notes on how the fishing is going

kevin
[signature]