Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Ice Auger suggestions
I am ready to trade in the old manual auger for a power auger and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to brands/models that are a good value.
Also, has anyone had any experience with the new electric augers or the adapters that convert your old hand auger and power drill into an electric auger?
[signature]
With power augers you get what you pay for. I had a Strikemaster for 26 years before someone stole it. A few years ago I bought an Eskimo Z71 10" and it is awesome. Lots of power, easy starts, drills incredibly fast. Other brands are good too. Just giving you my 2 cents worth. Oh, one other thing, buy the largest hole diameter you can afford. Its worth a few extra bucks to have a 10" hole versus an 8" hole.
[signature]
Thinking about finally buying one too, has anyone had a chance to play with the Propane augers?
[signature]
Welcome to the site OS4L. Try using the search function above, I typed in propane auger and here is what I came up with:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...core&mh=25

WH2
[signature]
I too have a Eskimo Z71 and my experience mirrors BearLakeFishGuy. I have had excellent results dealing with their customer service regarding an earlier purchase too. I don't have experience with other augers but I am perfectly happy with the Eskimo.
[signature]
Used a strikemaster hand auger for years. Two years ago got tired of the manual labor and purchased a strikemaster power auger, you won't regret it.
[signature]
I have read a bunch of good reviews on the ION, electric auger. This is the one I want as there is no mess with fuel, just need to keep the battery somewhat warm but a cove and a hand warmer does that.
[signature]
One of my friends had an 10-15 years old jiffy power auger that he liked until it started to be a bugger and he went with the Eskimo propane auger and he say's it's just amazing. If you want something lighter I suggest getting a nils auger and take a power drill with you.
[signature]