Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead Report 12/9 & 12/10
Had some downtime Fri and Sat so figured I would get some good time in on the lake, been a while and was missing me some southern nevada water....and sun. Hit the lake around 1 pm on Friday, was really only there to run a tank of gas thru the boat after sitting for several months. Hit the wash and decided to net some bait. 10 minutes 40-60 shad in the bucket. Easy pickings.

Drifted in the wash for a bit....nothing....hit some coves that used to always hold fish....nothing. Ended up back near boulder harbor started north of the tower and by the end of night (1am) had moved several times and ended just outside boulder harbor in about 60-70 ft. Once the sun went down....it was fish after fish. Most were small, 1 pounders big fish came in at 3 pounds. In all I am guessing 30 fish, i stopped counting after a while. Had to switch to just one pole because I kept getting double hook ups and they would get tangled. Most of the night i ran really light gear so even the little guys put up a good fight. Water was glass, beautiful night out.

Told my friends about my luck so we were back out on Sat at 3pm. Jammed to the wash 100+ shad in about 20 minutes. Bait everywhere, think i got 30 in one net throw...Motored around for a bit when the sun dropped headed back to the same area as the night before. In all between 3 of us we put 25 fish in the boat between 530 pm and midnight. It would come in spurts, 5 fish in five minutes then dead for an hour. Had some excitement when a big school came by, got some corn in the water but lost more bait then we caught fish. All were caught on live bait, we caught them at all depths, kept an eye on the finder and kept the bait where the fish were. A majority were caught about 10 ft off the bottom in 70 ft of water. Big fish was about 3.5 lbs. Good fishing this weekend.

Sorry no pics, wasnt really much worth taking pics of and it was more of a mental vacation this weekend without the cell phone and work calls.
[signature]
I think we say you guys on Saturday. You were going out and we were coming in. We got 3 dinks and a nice large mouth around 4 pounds.
[signature]
Got the greenie in 40+ feet at government wash channel marker.

C.P.R. still swimming out there.

Looked like a tournament fish as it had a slit in the bottom of the mouth/jaw from a culling device.
[signature]
Yes sir that was me. Pretty cool you caught that bass in deep water out there, decent sized LMB. I didnt have much luck at all in the wash. Might be too much bait there, hard telling. Great weekend to be on the water though.
[signature]