Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco are starting.....FINALLY!!
Well the cisco are finally just starting to run along the shoreline at Cisco Beach. I was over there for about an hour from 7:15-8:15am, but we did not see any cisco. We then went out in a boat and quickly limited out in about 1.5 hrs for 3 of us. When we got back to the marina to pull the boat we talked to a few guys who just came back from Cisco Beach and they said they just dipped limits of cisco at Cisco Beach between 9am and 10am. So, they showed up later in the morning, which is not surprising for the beginning of the run and open water conditions. Should be perfect timing for Cisco Disco on Saturday at Cisco Beach. Come on up and have some fun. Plus after the Cisco Disco, head over the marina and join in the chili cookoff and then jump in the lake for the Polar Plunge. If you don't want to jump thats fine too. But watching the others is way fun for everyone. Oh, the first 49 people to register on site at Cisco Beach can join the "biggest cisco" contest. The State Park rangers will have the registration information. This should be fun, especially for the kids!
[signature]
Thank you for all of the updates, it sounds like a hoot! Gonna have to make it up there this year and join the festivities.
[signature]
I decided to JOIN in on the Cisco run, I really wanted to jig my limit from the rock pile this year. As I was driving up Logan Canyon the Temp keep dropping... from 24 to 7 above as I hit Beaver turn off area, Then as I hit the Sinks area it DOVE to -14 Below... I was asking myself How much ice will I have to fight to get over the rock pile in my Boat? But as I launched at the State Marina Temps were a nice Blamey +18. with only a little ice on the ramp.
I ran to the rock Pile doing +40 MPH hiding behind my windshield
then started Jigging, At first it was slow, so I trolled around looking for more action, While trolling, B.L.F.G. yelled out to me, With a Hello:: "GOOD to See Ya". we talked a second, and both of us were
catching Cisco's at a rapid rate. I soon seen BLFG and Co. leave They had limited out, Soon I left for deeper water, to look for Cutt's.
I also quickly Limited my Cisco. Old Coot was at Work today, but being jealous, it wasn't long before my Cell was ringing.. I'm sure; he was wishing he, was Up-Here The water was almost GLASS. So for Fun I dropped my underwater Camera down. ONLY to see Cisco's by the Hundreds. What Fun!!
Anyway with the sun up and the water smooth, I was having the time of my life... Before I knew it, it was getting close to 3:00pm, and I hadn't even realized where the day went.
GOOD FUN ..
Also Great to see BLFG (Scott) along with several other anglers out in boats, at least 8 were over the rock pile area. Some trolling landing Cutt's. The Weather was Perfect, The Day was perfect..
One for the Memory Books.
[signature]
I'm headed up to Bear Lake for a snowmobile trip Saturday. We usually finish around 2PM. If we head down to Cisco beach at 2-3PM will there still be activities going on?

And should I bring my net?
[signature]
Great report there BC. Thanks for sharring.

I'll bet that was kind of cool to see all those cisco concentrated so tight on the bottom in your camera.

Were you able to catch any bigger fish out deeper using that fresh bait?
[signature]
I will second the vote to head up to BL! I am always amazed at just how much fun I have with this, and I never seem to out grow it.
Keep some for bait if you like to fish BL, but man those little guys are tasty, so try a few Smile
[signature]
Wahoo! See you guys out there tomorrow!
[signature]
As for the "festivities". The Cisco Disco winds down about 9:30am or so. Then a lot of people move over the Utah State Park marina (no fee at the marina on Saturday to watch the Polar Plunge and Chili Cookoff and Biggest Cisco competition). That begins around 10:30 and goes until about 1pm at the very latest. The "Polar Plungers" just at noon.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Great to hear that they are starting to run. I will be there before sun-up in the morning. I will probably pass on the rest of the festivities as the sleds are begging me for a ride up Bloomington Canyon. Can't wait to net my limit.
[signature]