Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you like bass fishing Lake Mead with the Current low water levels?
Curious...After you deal with your favorite spot being 20 ft above the water level...Do you think Mead fishes easier, harder or the same with the levels we have now?

I like fishing flooded brush but I also find the numerous exposed reefs and new points are good spots.

Does weed growth come into play with dropping water levels or is all about rock cover?. I am seeing some weeds as of yesterday. I observed some Mallards eating quagga mussels as the water drops and exposes live ones on shallow flat rock spots.
[signature]
Between the weather and work I haven't been able to get out much lately.

But... Going back over the last 3 1/2 years that I have owned a boat fishing, in particular quantity, has steadlily and drastically declined for us as the water level declines. The fish are waaay more spread out and one can only catch one here and one there. No more rolling into a cove and getting into them anymore for us.

Not too many years ago between Madi and myself 70-80 fish landed in a day happened here and there (fall). I'd be ecstatic if we landed 10-20 in a day during the peak/best time of the year to fish right now.

So with that said... Lower water levels sukcs and the lake is mucho harder to fish... It has pushed me from the desire to fish Mead to saving $$ for trips elsewhere.

Tom
[signature]
I am thinking bighorn lake in Montana this summer. And Flaming Gorge. A double dip. Made my last trip to Mead at 1089' in Jan. The way things are looking it will never be over 1100' again.
[signature]