Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drones to look for large fish?
Has anyone tried it? Im still trying research whether its worth it or not? www.aerialpursuit.org
[signature]
Interesting. Is the idea that you can see the fish from the air or just checking out different ponds?
[signature]
I bet if i was still fishing tournaments I would use on eto locate bass on beds in clear water.
[signature]
I wish I had one back in the day for deer hunting.
[signature]
That would be cool but most of the bass fishing I do now is in the big Salt pond. Some of the bass look like the Kelp they hide in and others are down 200 feet. I could use them to find Stiped bass while they chase my Huddleston swim baits.

The idea is cool though for the bedding bass after the spring fling. [cool]
[signature]
IM still thinking some kind of small sub with a go pro on the front to check woody habitat near the edges. I would think that at least largemouth bass would stay at good lies or return to them and you could make the video wireless and see them with in range?
aerial drones are so much easier to deal with but im not sure that more than a couple feet of water and you wont be able to really tell
[signature]
Hhhhhmmm underwater minidrones with the go pro? genius.

That would be an awesome idea and the technology is there. I would love to see a deep water version as well. I would with several biologist from the California Department of Fish and Game. Equivalent to the DNR in other states.

I have learned so much from them on feeding habits and other tricks to maximize my fishing experience. [cool]
[signature]