Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack Boots Ice cleats?
I bought some sure grip strap ice cleats and they are awfully tight on my sorels, I looked at some Ceslsius ones and same thing, super tight. Anyone know of some pull over ice cleats made for pack boots and not just regular hiking boots? My sorels are size 11 but compared to a regular boot they are huge. Thanks for any info or tips. I'm also not a fan of drilling any screws/bolts into my sorels.
[signature]
These are what we have on our pac boots.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sport.../cat101637[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Your money isn't wasted. Put the too-tight ones on your fly-fishing waders. Really tames those slick river rocks!
[signature]
what size pack boot do you have and what size did you go with on cleats? I read the reviews on amazon and a lot were talking about wearing them on normal boots. A MENS size 11 sorel is a pretty big boot compared to reg boots or a smaller sized pack boot.
[signature]
if only I fly fished! I might just buy two pair of these cheap ones and see how quickly the rubber snaps. If I go through two pairs of 7 buck cleats a season, so be it.
[signature]
I have just use some 3/8 inch sheet metal screws screwed into the lugs of the boots.
It works on the very slickist of ice all year long .don't have to take them on or off. You just can't walk on wood floors with them. My boots are size 13 so the clamp on never did work. 12 screws / boot makes a really solid foothold. I use an electric screwdriver to put them in and they came out just as easy if you want them off
[signature]
I just recently got a pair of these micro spikes and they sure work really well on slick ice.

http://www.rei.com/product/890608/kahtoo...ion-system
[signature]
My Kahtoola microspikes are amazing just use the sizing guide on their web site.

Windriver
[signature]
After trying several cheap alternatives I finally went with the Kahtoola Microspikes and have been very pleased.
[signature]