Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auger issues
I have fuel leaking out of my strikemaster gas auger. I haven't pulled it out for about 2 years. Where would you suggest i take it for repair? Thanks for any guidance
[signature]
Where is your hometown? It could be the float in the carb stuck so it's not shutting off the fuel flow when the bowl is full. Likely needs a good carb cleaning. A small motor repair shop should be able to fix you up without too much expense. Or if your handy get some carb cleaner and spray the fuel passages so it melts the gum out. I usually end up only accomplishing half the job and have to redo it a couple trips later when I've done it myself, but I probably don't get in the right spots. I should just take mine in but I don't plan that far ahead. Good luck with it. J
[signature]
Where is it leaking from? Tank, gas line, carb, exhaust?
Cutlers in Orem has been helpful.
[signature]

If it has been setting for 2 years suspect that the carb. floats are sticking. is gas coming from the carb. when it's running ?? that would indicate the floats are stuck.
you can tap on the carb. with the handle of a screw driver and that should help for a while.
[signature]
Check the rubber grommet thats around the fuel line as it leaves the tank, they will crack and then leak.
[signature]
Hey Jeff, wasn't there a small engine repair shop, up in the Logan area? Seems like a BFT member worked there, I don't remember his username exactly, something like Catmaster[:/].
[signature]
Curt I'm not sure where that would have been. If they are in Cache Valley I know a retired aircraft mechanic that works small engines to bring in a little play money. I can pass on his contact info if needed. If not Renegade Rentals can do what ya need as well. Later J
[signature]
Just make sure you detach the auger portion of the unit before you taken it in. I doubt that most shops will be careful with the auger bit and blades, which will cause you more grief and expense. I would guess that if you are in the Logan area, some of the Farm equipment dealers have small engine shops. Also, CAL Ranch and Tractor Supply have shops. Good luck !!!
Very good point, hate to have them drilling post holes to check it out and make sure it's running. I don't know where LeakyB is from so I'm not sure what locations to recommend to him. Later J
[signature]
thanks for the info. i am down in riverton. you have given me some ideas of what to look for. if you know of any good places down here in southern salt lake county that would be appreciated. i always have technical difficulties working on small engines. thanks again
[signature]
i fix stuff like that if you want to get a hold of me i'd be glad to fix it for ya
[signature]