Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Sunday Feb 14
Launched at Callville about 7:00 AM. Water surface temp 55 to 56°. Calm to flat then some ripple during the day. Fished upstream starting at the entrance to Callville. The previous starting spot last time out drew a blank. Firebowl Cove, over on the AZ side, Hamblin Bay and the wall slightly upstream on Nevada side staying near main lake points and first or second secondary points ....Later I went all the way back into 2 coves....all drew blanks.
Fished a lot of crankbait...DT 12 . Tried 1/2 oz. football jigs, dropshotting the walls and some 6" swimbait....briefly with a weightless senko.
Usually one of these will dredge one fish but not on Sunday.
---------------------------------
Brush is slightly flooded now and perhaps a zone for the smaller bass to spawn nearby. Water surface got to 58° by afternoon in south facing coves
Good news for me was replacing my TM puck transducer and adding a ground wire from the Trolling motor to a ground connection on the Skeeter's harness cleared up a lot of interference..

Later I was thinking ..maybe the smallmouth are suspending off pre-spawn areas???
[signature]
I did almost everything you did 2 weeks ago. I was able to almost land a smallie on a ledge over 60' of water. I'm not sure of the name of the canyon, it was on the starboard side headed up lake. 1/2 oz football jig
[signature]