Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stienaker and Starvation
This weekend work took me out to vernal so I thought I would make it a good weekend and take the family and the boat. Thursday night we got into Vernal with just enough time to drop our bags at the hotel and head up to Stienaker for about an hour and a half before the sun went down. I had never been there before so we started a little blind but soon found our way to the shallow North West shore line where the action was fast for small rainbows. My two oldest boys (5 and 7) had several double headers. We fished until it was dark and headed back to the hotel.

Friday morning I had work meetings and spent much of the day with the family doing the dinosaur thing. Friday afternoon we headed to Starvation and stayed at one of the state park cabins. once again we only had a few hours in the evening out on the water but fishing for the rainbows was hot. In about 2.5 hours we caught 16 rainbows in the 2 to 3 pound range. Nothing huge but the kids were loving it.

Saturday we got up and started fishing and caught a few more rainbows but it was nothing like the night before. In all it was a very fun trip and best of all, work paid for the gas. cant go wrong there.
[signature]
Glad you had a good time out here in the Basin. A lot of folks out here are short on work right now. I'm sure your business was appreciated. Fishing out this way is really picking up this spring. I've uploaded a few videos to YouTube related to fishing out in the Basin that might help you for other trips out here. My latest is on Pelican Lake https://youtu.be/dmqdGJBwBWE if you're interested. More are on the way.
[signature]
We were wanting to stop by pelican and give it a try but the kids were having too much fun with the dinosaurs. Maybe the next time we are out that way we will have to stop and give it a try
[signature]
That's the "curse" I have each weekend out here -- trying to figure out which opportunity I want to do this weekend. Which lake, which stream, which species, which mountain or desert. Nice problem to have [cool]
[signature]
It is a problem that I would like to have for sure. If I could find permanent work up there I would be all over it
[signature]