Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, before the storm
Had this post all typed up, photos attached, ready to send back on Thursday about 3:30, power went out [pirate].
2 downed poles just outside my apartment complex property line. But anyway, a shortened edition of that report: On the water about 1130 last Thursday. Trolled toward Freeway Bay. Hooked up a nice fat Cat about 15 minutes on the water, then 2 Wiper in short time span. All released. Turned to troll back thru the area of the Wiper catch and saw the big black cloud coming over the west wall. Hauled in the lines and headed full speed for south marina. Got tied to the dock just as rain started. Waited it out in my truck about 20 minutes then loaded up the boat and headed home. Got the boat stored, and settled in at my PC, got the report ready to send and off went the power.
Heading back out this morning.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Booooat on the water.......Power in the sky. (Deep Purple song) Glad you got off safe.

Good mood this morning. Sitting in my 5th wheel at Buckboard waiting for the sun to come up so I can launch the Lund.
[signature]
Good luck at Buckboard. Never been there. Will someday. Got skunked at Willard today. Pretty day, nice weather, had one hooked up 5 minutes after putting lines in the water, but lost it at the net [:/].
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I caught some nice rainbows and cutthroats trolling woolly buggers with sinking fly line. It was a beautiful day.
[signature]
I've never caught, or seen a cutthroat caught at the Gorge.....is this something I've been missing out on? Haven't fished it in the Fall...is it just a seasonal thing?
[signature]
They have planted them in there.

Seeing more reports of people catching cats out of there this summer.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Wyoming is pushing Cutthroats everywhere in the state. It's only been a few years since they started planting them in the Gorge and there are fish in there close to 20 inches. The meat was beautiful reddish orange. I haven't checked the planting numbers but it seems like there's less rainbows. The Cutthroats are a nice option when you can't catch Kokanee.
[signature]
Well, I guess that is good news...I'll take a cutt over a rainbow anyday (but I'm not saying rainbows are bad) And the cutts I troll for in Lost Creek are caught mainly on a Kokanee set-up, so maybe I'll eventually get into cutts while trolling for kokes at F.G. ......tks for the good info...
[signature]