Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from Idaho
I was visiting family in Idaho Falls over the weekend and tried a day on the Henry's Fork and an afternoon the South Fork below PaliSades.

There is a fairly good BWO hatch on the Henry's Fork now, with quite a few fish feeding actively in the day and afternoon. They are tricky to catch though. I lost one on an emerger before catching a couple of smaller fish on a size 18 BWO.

I never rose a fish on the South Fork. There was no activity, and I fished streamers for a while without success. I did, however, get four chips in my windshield on the drive to the dam. My uncle suggests it's because I now have Utah plates, and Idaho doesn't appreciate our encroachment on their water Smile

By the way--I asked a guy at the fly shop in Idaho Falls what he recommended, and he said he had heard Strawberry was fishing great this year. Sometimes it pays to stay close to home, i guess.
[signature]
Join the club. I get 2-3 chips in my windshield everyday to work from Swan Valley to Idaho Falls. Thanks a lot IDT and HK construction. Another failed road project!
[signature]
Thanks for the Idaho update. I'm heading to Idaho FALLS to help the in-laws in a couple weeks and hope to go hit my honey holes on the S. Fork while I'm there. Fishing below the damage can be hit or miss, but if you catch it on a good day then the catching can be really good! Unfortunately Henry's will have to wait till spring for me I'm afraid.
[signature]