Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro Swivels and more
Has anyone ever used the SPRO Power swivels? If so what did you think, I know they are small enough the will come through the guides on most ice rods?

Power Swivel
OR
The Clear Swivel

Thoughts Comment, suggestions I usually prefer to join leader to braid with a Swivel.
[signature]
I use the Spro Power Swivel and really like them. I use them with my jigging spoons, jigging Raps and lipless cranks to prevent line twist when ice fishing. They are small so I have to be careful not to wind them through the guides, even though they pass easily. I don't want to damage my guides. I like the FG knot to connect mono or fluoro to braid. It looks harder to tie than it is, but it's as smooth a connection as you can get. Check it out on YouTube by Salt Strong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjzUb5QR...=1&list=WL
[signature]
I use the SPROs exclusively now on all my rigs; trolling, bass, ice, etc. I even use the smallest sizes for leader and tippet connections on sinking fly lines. They are a bit more spendy, but worth it.
[signature]
So what size spro swivels do you like for your ice rigs and where do you get em? Thanks.
[signature]
Sportsman's or Fish Tech. I like size 10 or 12, if I can find them. The 12s I've had to order online a few times. Google them and you'll find plenty of online suppliers.
[signature]
The FG knot looks very interesting I like how small it is I am going to have to try it.
[signature]
I like the Red Phillips knot (search on youtube) for heavier lines but for lighter pound test, I use the good old uni-uni.
[signature]
I agree with Fishnate on the fg knot, read about it in a magazine earlier this year or late last and love it. Once you tie it a few times you realize how strong and capable it is. Mono and flouro just let the braided lines sink in and hold. Flouro is a lot more noticeable and higher strength mono. It's worth a look.
[signature]
[quote guitarfisher]Sportsman's or Fish Tech. I like size 10 or 12, if I can find them. The 12s I've had to order online a few times. Google them and you'll find plenty of online suppliers.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]SPRO doesn't show any size 12 Power Swivels (Blk) and I couldn't find any with Google either. Size 10 is the smallest I could find. Do you have a link to a site that has this size?[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."