Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
I'm going to Bear Lake on Sat. Where would you guys recommend fishing for the lake trout? I have heard a few reports from this weekend and they all said the fishing was slow. Is the Cisco run over? I've heard that the fishing picks up about a week later. Is this true? Any info would be apreciated.

Thanks.[cool]
[signature]
There are several places that come to mine, the area straight off the state park marine for one, it wouldn't be my first choice but we have caught cutts up to 7lbs and macks up to 12 lbs there. The rock pile would be my choice but it was slow for us there this weekend, it was good there last year during the spawn with fish up to 17 lbs being caught. The pump house is good for whitefish and smaller cutts, although there are bigger fish that roam the area. The area off cisco beach is close to deep water and a lot of big fish are caught there every year, there is also first and second point.
This should be the last weekend of the cisco run but there might be a few around this coming weekend.I would say the catching should be better Saturday but the following weekend should be even better. That is my opinion,others might think different, give it a try and see what happens. Good luck and let us know how you do. WH2
[signature]