Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bass action
Stopped off at the Mill Race Access, Utah Lake on the way home from work today. Fishing was HOT for the 15 minutes that I was there. 20 fish in 15 minutes! Then the sky opened up and the hail came down. Caught on a 2” Chartreuse curly tail with a 1/8 hot pink jig head. Good way to replace my kitty bait. I will be back tomorrow sometime after 1 Pm. Hopefully mama nature will cooperate.
[signature]
Any size to them?
[signature]
Not as big as the ones I caught at Lincoln Beach earlier this year. 7-8” good size catfish bait. Lots of fun!
[signature]
Hey, thanks Ben. Your reports are always spot on. Gotta stock up on some bait myself.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I was there for 15 minutes before the hail chased me off. I caught 8 whitebass, they are 7-8” long good for catfish bait.
[signature]
What is the biggest whole fish you use? Is it the 7 inchers you mentioned?
[signature]
I like the new 3-4” whites after the spawn. These will probably be cut into quarters. The head being my favorite part.
[signature]
Hey Ben,
That sounds like the fun I was hoping to find last weekend.. Congrats and thanks for the report... Good luck with that bait... Later Jeff
[signature]
I also like the heads. During the flotilla brookie caught a big white bass, at least 11 inches. We chopped it into pieces and used those. I kept eyeing the head but thought it was too big for bait. What do you think? Is there a way to halve a big head like that?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Split it between the eyes.
[signature]
No fast wb action at Lincoln yet. I've been out a couple of times during the last few rainy days fishing from shore. A few here and there but no every-other-cast action yet. Time will come when they can be caught on a bare hook. Fun to catch and a blast for little kids.

Please... some good, warm, dry weather.

BLK
[signature]
Sorry I can't supply perfect weather all the time like I did at the Flotilla [Wink]. But the forecast shows sunny and dry for some time to come. [Smile][fishon]
[signature]

Thank you
[signature]
Craig, gotta admit you did mighty fine on that flotilla weather but the last few days have been soggy. Agreed, it looks like we are finally going to get some consistent warm weather. I’m ready.[cool]
[signature]