Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln beach
Hey Clint. I would also have a update on LB conditions.
[signature]
Yup, I can tell ya, just got back from a reconnaissance trip to check the goings-on out there. In a short -- not much. The channel is frozen over with 3 or so inches of solid ice. There were a half dozen fishermen there but action seemed slow. There is no ice by the first spring but one guy had walked down to the edge of the water and was casting a lure; did not see him catch anything. About one week ago there was enough ice at the spring for a few brave souls to venture out. They caught good numbers of white bass and occasional crappie and a few perch.

There was a bride and groom photo shoot going on this a.m. -- sort of a mixture of gruffy looking fishermen and a pretty bride-to-be. I was going yell "Don't do it!!" but thought better and just went on my way.

The first spring is under water now with the higher lake level. There is no sign of steam near the opening that would identify the spot were the spring enters the lake. The water is probably still a couple of degrees warmer there and will still attract the fish that want to warm up a bit. If/'when it gets cold enough for some good ice it should be good fishing for white bass. During a brief moment of insanity I considered taking my kayak out to fish around the spring but common sense prevailed and I remembered that my old bones do not tolerate wet and cold as they did many years ago. I know of one old coot who has actually been know to launch his float tube from the ice just to satisfy his need to fish... Sad.

Ennyhow, the ice and cold will eventually go away and we should have plenty of water to chase the cats again. I'm ready.

BLK
[signature]
"I know of one old coot who has actually been know to launch his float tube from the ice just to satisfy his need to fish... Sad."

[#0000FF]Hey...I resemble that remark.
[/#0000FF]

[inline "COOL FIRST SPRING.JPG"]
[signature]
Thanks for the help. Hope to try it the first of next week.
[signature]
" I was going yell "Don't do it!!" but thought better and just went on my way..."

The proper salutation is "Tell er the truth!"
[signature]