Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little bit about Strawberry
the top water temp. is 54  deg.  and down 25 feet it is about 52 deg.   today 14 feet down was good for the cuts.  way to many cuts in strawberry.  and the kokes are not that big and hard to find, find them one day, they are gone the next.  
about 5 boats there today nobody by me. (Sat. the parking lot was full.)    we got rained on and the wind at 10:30 was bad My wife started crying so we got off.

I did not see many fish deeper than 27 feet.
Thanks for the intel Robert. We were here Sunday evening in camp. It rained and blew all night. Got up at 0430 Monday and decided it wasn’t worth launching. We packed up to go home. By the time we left about 0930 the wind was starting to lay down. We left anyway with the Tuesday forecast. My wife cries when it gets windy too. Back tonight to fish Wednesday. Probably still run the narrows to SC in the morning.
I don't blame your wives for crying I'd cry too. I got caught out on Strawberry once as a kid (16 years old) in a small 12 foot aluminum boat before they made the lake larger. Never again, I respect the lake when the wind blows. I don't mind a little chop but for the most part when the wind picks up I'm off the lake.
Thanks for the up date. Haven't read to much info on the Berry lately. With the Kokes liking the 53 deg range, that makes it pretty tough fishing.
Heading up this weekend, looking like I need to pack the planner boards.
(06-20-2023, 10:10 PM)liketrolling Wrote: the top water temp. is 54  deg.  and down 25 feet it is about 52 deg.   today 14 feet down was good for the cuts.  way to many cuts in strawberry.  and the kokes are not that big and hard to find, find them one day, they are gone the next.  
about 5 boats there today nobody by me. (Sat. the parking lot was full.)    we got rained on and the wind at 10:30 was bad My wife started crying so we got off.

I did not see many fish deeper than 27 feet.

Thanks for the the info Robert, I will be up there fishing Thursday through Sunday, I'm going to fish the Soldier Creek side Thursday morning then move into my camp at Strawberry Bay in the afternoon, I may be running the narrows each morning to get back over to Soldier Creek as that side seems to be doing better, your intel is always appreciated, I'm not super confident after my struggle two weeks ago and the recent reports.
BAM! POW! WHAM! Holy snikie Batman! Took one on the chin today. Made the run to SC this morning at 0600. Used the Renegade narrows as the entrance to the narrows on Strawberry were fogged in. Arrived at SC to find SC socked in as well. Fished there at the mouth of the narrows. No fish including trout. The fog finally lifted about 0830. Trolled till the wind picked up about 1100. One cutt and one rainbow was the damage.
Guess I am back to prospecting Strawberry tomorrow. Sorry guys for such a discouraging report. Hopefully I can redeem myself tomorrow.