Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD (REPORT)
Myself and two of my buddies fished Willard from about 5:30 yesterday (6/8/03) till dark on the east dike north of the feed-lot. The weather was great, the bugs were few and far between and we managed to hook a few wipers. I was able to net 9, Zak boated 4 and Ron pulled in 5. We had 5 or six more to the boat, but lost two of them to the cheap hooks that come with these lures and the rest just "saw the boat" and released themselves! Not a bad first day out trolling for wipers.

Justin
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Nice report Ram,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Keep um comming![/size][/font]
[signature]
Great report RAMX4.

If your talking about the prism shad,you do replace them cheap hooks and split rings,them wiper bend them and open them rings in no time,change them out,or you will kick yourself in the butt when you lose that big one.lol.

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Well, we actually use something a bit more simple than the prism shad, shad raps and the likes. You' are right about one thing though...those wipers will put the hurt on just about any hook you put on. We did lose the biggest one yesterday, but we had a newbie out with us and he was so stunned by his diving scramble to save his rod, that he wasn't too upset that the big one got away. We're going back out one evening this week and hopefully we can beat up on 'em again. Let's hope the fishing stays as fast as it was!! If you'd like to know what we use, drop me a p.m. and I'll clue registered members in. That is as long as you promise not to laugh.

Justin
[signature]