Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Sat 26th Report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Just got home from Willard a couple hours a go and I have to say, it is quite an experience to launch and load in such low water.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It has been quite a while since I have been out to Willard so it was nice to get back ou there. Fish4Food and I launched at about 6:30 PM and got out at 9:15. Water temps were about 81-82 degrees and there was always either a nice breeze or a stiff wind.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Fishing was slow but I did manage to bring in a couple of wipers . . . one on a white grub and one on a modified prism schad. F4F only had a couple of hits. The ones I did get were both out just a ways North-East of the light pole.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'm kind of excited about some new major changes I've recently done to my boat (bear with me and my pride here for a minute). I added navigation lights, replaced my seats (still have to cover them in marine vinal), and most of all, I replaced my old 6 hp Evenrude with a brand new 2004 15 hp four-stroke electric start short-shaft Mercury. [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It was kind of cool tonight not having to wory about neading lights or trying to get back before dark with my little Evenrude.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]BOY what a difference horse power makes!! [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#b62200][size 2]OH ... so THAT'S what it means when they say getting your boat "[#b62200][size 3]up on plane[/size][/#b62200]".[/size][/#b62200][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0539707.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]
thats a great picture! congrats on your boat upgrades . .

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Glad to here all your boat upgrades were worth the effort. Ya, there is no substitue for cubic inches(or cubic cc's)! Another upgrade you may wish to consider is a bilge pump. If you'd of been caught in some ugly weather taking on water, you could flip the swtich and not take your hands off the tiller to bail. Again, bigger is better considering once you take on water, it makes it easier for the next wave to come over because you're sitting lower in the water.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Which marina did you launch out of?[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Ya know BLM, not even ONCE did is think of or consider a bilge pump! I can just hear Mrs. Coot now "I thought you said you were done spending money on your boat!" Hummm ... I wonder if there's room for rod holders and a live well too?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We launched out of the North marina. It was tough getting the trailer deep enough to load back on.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Congratulations on your new costly improvement. Someday I hope that I don't have to continue mixing oil with my gas, and I'm sure that Wiperhunter2 wouldn't mind it if I purchased one. When we were fishing the Snake River a cloud of smoke blew into his face, when I first fired up the outboard, and I was afraid that I was going to have to have Wiperslayer give him mouth to mouth to revive him! I have learned that one is never done spending money on a boat. On my boat I took the philosophy that if one bilge pump is good, two must be better.
[signature]