Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bank advice
we are planning to do some bank fishing at willard, any advice on location?
[signature]
Some friends and I just fished the south side for a couple hours Thursday night using muscles and caught 2 OK size wipers. Just drive past the south marina turn off it will turn into a dirt road go past duck ponds/dog training area, there will probably be a lot of people right as you turn the corner there drive past them go down about half way or so there is a fence but it has openings every so often. Good luck let me know how you did?
[signature]
Seriously, just look for the crowds. I still haven't caught one, but the standard areas I hear about constantly are the Channel, both Marinas, North dike, Light pole, Freeway Bay, and just outside the Marinas along the dike.

They are biting, I just keep missing the timing.
[signature]
We followed the clouds to freeway bay and nobody caught anything other than carp for 4 hours. My wife and I finally made the move over to the SW corner and caught 3 in about an hour. This was the first wiper ever for either of is, and it was fun to see them hit and put up a good fight.

We made a stop at the south marina and talked with some boaters, it seems the standard shad rap and Rapala origional were the ticket. Limits of wipers and walleye were common stories and proof was on the cleaning station.

Might make a final attempt at Willard bay this year Wink finding time will be key.
[signature]
Nice looks like your persistence paid off, we were fishing next to you at freeway bay on your right side, That was my first time in that area and the crowds were crazy, wish those beast carp were wipers but tugs are tugs ehh.[Tongue]
Im going to have to toon or tube it next time out so i can cover more water cause its all in the location
[signature]