Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Reservoir
Hi all,

Does anyone know when it is a good time to do some trolling at East Canyon Reservoir? I remember fishing there a lot when I was a teenager with my dad and we always caught fish. My dad would use lead line with lures and we would troll around East Canyon or other reservoirs in Utah. I think we always went fishing in the summer months and he didn't use a fish finder or anything.

I have a fishing pole with lead line and lures. I also have a small canoe with an electric motor.

If someone could tell me what time of year to start trolling, what depth to go to, and how fast I should go that would be great.

Thank you.

Dave B
[signature]
right now is prime time. troll between 1-2 mph about top 15 ft of water column.I doubt you will need lead core maybe a .5 to one ounce sinker maybe just a spinner long lined,flatfish or jointed rapalas,pop gear with a needlefish and night crawler should work.good luck
[signature]
Go now. As it gets warmer East Canyon gets quite full of ski boats and wave runners. The main arm of the lake from the boat ramp to the south inlet can get very choppy with the power squadron. Makes it a bit difficult to fish.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool