Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo access
Can anyone tell me if echo has snowmobile access and where that may be? I’ve read that there have been machines and side by sides on the ice but not sure how they’ve accessed the ice. Thanks a million!
[signature]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6M0vP1rWm4
[signature]
I'd be careful if planning on taking a machine out there quite yet. On xmas eve I lent a tow strap to a guy who dunked his side by side twice trying to get on. I shutter to think if they got it on and put all their kids in and raced off. It was 4-5 inches on xmas eve but the recent cold snap should help. As far as access, the state park would be the easiest, but others should know echo better than I. Good luck
[signature]
There is easy access through the state park. You can park in the parking lot or drive down to the beach. There was 8” of fresh snow this morning. The edges are soft . If you can get your ski’s on the ice you should be good. The edges should be better in a day or two with colder days coming.
[signature]
Thank you so much for the info. In years past at echo, access has been difficult or near impossible. To my understanding, it is now a state park rather than privately owned so I wondered if access to the reservoir was opened up and more easily accessible. They used to have the ramp area closed off during the winter months. I appreciate the information greatly.
[signature]
Knowing how soft the edges get at Echo, I think I’ll just keep walking on.
[signature]
Take your sled and let her eat...tons of snow on Echo and yep 4 ft of soft edges but a snowmobile will fly right over it.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Were you seeing fish and they weren't biting, or lack of fish?
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]There were fish on the flasher constantly. We had small fish nibbles/bait stealers all day long. One trout came on my perch setup and the other two came off tube jigs on Jaw Jackers.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."