Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stansbury Park Picture Added
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Went out to Stansbury on Sunday to visit my uncle. He took me fishing in their "lake". It was cool. The fishing was way slow. I think it was too cold. We did manage to land a couple largemouth bass. We ended up keeping the 2 we caught because he said that my grandma wanted some fish for the winter. Have some pics of the fish. I will post them later when my camera decides to cooperate and load onto the computer.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Added the picture finally.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like a fun time, Skot! What did you catch those big guys on? I'm gonna try to fish that place next Spring.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Nice Bass, Skot! Fine Picture too![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish! Just remember not to admit keeping bass.... Some guys on here will want to fillet you! LOL.. JK. [Wink]

Anyway, congrats on the fun day! [sly]
[signature]
Nice fish skot, I fished stansbury a few years ago by the main road just south of the mavrick store. I've caught a couple of 3 lb'ers. I've never fished the lake, herd there's some good one's in there.
later chuck
[signature]
Nice looking fish Skot ! Ok, now give us the details - you know what did you use, where did you find them and finally how did your grandma cook them ?
[signature]
That place is sweet! I have had the opportunity to build a pretty good relationship with some individuals there and have been able to fish it 3 times this past summer. For the size this place is by far one of the best bass fisheries in Utah. Big largemouth up top 5 lbs and also some big smallies.

If you get a chance to get out there, a mate of mine tells me head to the far west end of the lake to the deeper spot and you will get into them dragging a jig along the weed lines.

Also the largemouth I am hearing are tucked into the trees so run a weedless jig or senko into the middle of the trees. Smile

Great place, has me considering moving out there to the new subdivision on the North west side of the lake.
[signature]
IN FISH IT IN MARCH WHEN THEY ARE ON THE BEDS. UP WHERE THE TREE SWING IS. WITH A CRAWLER. THROW ONE CRAWLER OUT AWAY FROM BED HEN WIL MAKE MAIL DEFEND. WHEN HE MOVES OUT TO THE THROWN WORM DROP THE OTHER ON THE NEST AND HEN WILL ATACK IT.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I was actually with my uncle who is a bass fisherman. I was using a 5" berkley power hawg. I think that is what it is called. Can't remember the color exactly, but I think it was like a watermelon color with pepper flakes in them. I was just casting out and then doing a quick lift drop back to shore. I don't know exactly how grandma cooked them up. But it was a fun day. I usually don't fish for bass that much and my uncle is trying to teach me how.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[reply]

Great place, has me considering moving out there to the new subdivision on the North west side of the lake.[/reply]
Yeah GOT $300-400K
I live out here (not on the lakefront), and the cheepest Lakefront home I've found is $250k (I was on a bikeride with my son and I took a flyer out of a Realtor sign).

Just an FYI for people reading this. Stansbury Lake is PRIVATE!!, you are suposed to live here (or be accompanied by someone who does) to use the lake. Although I wont be approaching anyone demanding that they prove to me that they live here, but someone might.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I think that I did mention that I was with my uncle who happens to live there.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
They will confront you too. I was on it and one of the lakeside owners checked up on me. Luckily my buddy David was in his kayak around the corner otherwise I would have been torn to shreds by the locals. Smile
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I think that I did mention that I was with my uncle who happens to live there.

[/size][/#ff4040][/font][/reply]
I understood that, I was mainly posting the info for anyone else who read this post (it would be Sad for someone to drive out here with thier boat and SUV at $2.50 a gallon to be told by a TCSO deputy that they have to turn around and go home). By the way nice fish dude, I took the family down there a few weeks ago but all that was caught (by my wife) was a HUEJAZ carp that would have probably gone 8-10lbs.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]One time when I was out there we used my car to drive around to different spots. We had some guy come up to us and asked if we knew that the lake was for residents only. And of course my uncle was like yeah, I live just right over there and pointed to his house. The guy was like well I thought I would just check on you guys cause your plate had a salt lake county sticker on it.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]