Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Trip
[cool]

Well since it was a well-deserved holiday for me [Smile]I took the opportunity and went ice fishing with my son-in-law.

We headed up to Fish Lake got on the ice around 7:00 a.m. punched first hole about 7:30 a.m. and had our limit of trout within an hr. I love GPS's lol

We tried to find the perch but they were not as cooperative as the splake.

The wind picked up around 11:00 but other than that, it was a nice day
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like some hot fishing. What were the size of the splake? Did you try for lake trout? What were the ice conditions? Thanks![/size][/font]
[signature]
The splake was averaging around 1 1/2 - 2 lbs I had a decent one on but the way I fish I really have to set the hook to get thru my bait apparantly I didn't nail him good enough because he got off right at the ice edge I don't know how to fish for the macks but I have heard of a few people getting into them this winter. The ice where I was fishing was exactly 12" thick and good clear ice. If anyone wants to go let me know and I'll meet ya there. BTW my friend is the fish bio for that lake if your interested in when he nets of what size of splake, and macks he pulls out shoot me a pm or e-mail me and I'll let ya know

Paul
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like great information from your friend. Have him email you and post it. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would be interested in the results of those studies. Thanks, again.[/size][/font]
[signature]
SUDH- I will be there tomorrow thru Fri with about 10 other guys from the SLC area. C'mon by if you get a chance. Neal
[signature]
wish I could but I have a ton of stuff to do on campus this week. I'll be there Saturaday though Smile

BTW for ya'lls info the last 2 years when Chuck has netted the lake he has caught and released the would be new state record Splake plus alot in the 20 lb area and quite a few Macks in the high 30's low 40's
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Time to get to know Fish Lake I can see![/size][/font]
[signature]
a splake in the 20lb range in fish lake?
[signature]
[size 3]The greatest thing about Fish Lake to me is it is soooo dang cold that you hardly ever have to put up with the jet ski and wake board crowd. Not that I don’t like those things but when you’re in the mood for some peace and quiet with great scenery, unpredictable weather, and awesome fishing and catching, Fish Lake is my #1 choice. I have to quit reading these threads; I’ll be worthless at work yet another night now! How long does the ice stay on the lake? We have always just trolled it with leaded lines and had more fun than people should have. I might have to break tradition and head up there for some hard water fishing instead of the usual cold water fishing![/size][size 3]

[/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]
I know your calling BS but all I can say if ya don't believe me come to Cedar walk in to the F&G office and ask if you can see the one hanging on the wall by the fish bio's office
[signature]
really i wasnt saying BS. i know they get into that range in colorado so i know they get that large. i have never heard of them being this large in utah so i was curious if it was a typo or the validity of it thats all. thanks for the info.
[signature]