Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River cats
Has anyone been up on the bear river i havent heard any reports any info would help.
[signature]
No I have not been there lately but it don't sound half bad???? Do you like to fish the bear? I like to launch at Corinne but I do want to try another boat ramp in Deweyville this year. My friends are worried the water is too high and I just say it depends on how many beers you have in the boat. [laugh] I'm a sailor and high water doesn't scare me. Anything over 6'1" is over my head.
[signature]
I have a friend at work that has been to the Bear by the refuge and doing ok. Last year he cleaned house on nice cats about this time.
[signature]
Well thanks for the info i havent been up there for 2 years I would like to go some time again I have never fished it on a boat it sure wouldnt bother me to try it though. Hey lunker do you no what time of day he was fishing.
[signature]
Late evening.
[signature]
The Bear River is still running high and very muddy at the Deweyville boat launch. This stretch of the river gets real shallow (1 to 2 feet)later in the year. There are deep holes occasionally, and the big cats stay in them mostly. You need a shallow boat and a depth finder to locate the holes. Watch out for shallows and rock bars. Several years ago I was testing a rebuilt motor on the river and opened it up in an area I thought was deep, cruising along and hit the prop on a rock bar, shearing the pin. I was dead in the water until I switched the motor with the old one I took along just in case I had problems. Man, it would have been a long night getting back home otherwise. Acey
[signature]
I will be giving the Deweyville ramp a go tonight. Which way should I go from that ramp? Up or down stream? Wish me luck.
[signature]
Up about 3/4 of a mile. That is my sweet spot. Take chicken liver and carp guts if you can get them. Good luck and i will expect a report.
[signature]