Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wiper Tournament
[font "Garamond"][#000000][size 4][Wink][#500050] With the looks of willard water this year will there be a wiper tournament this year 2008, if so does anyone know of the times and date, cost, prizes, ect. purhaps we could have the tournament from the banks, or walk out to were we want to fish. LOL [/#500050][sly][/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Not happening, sorry. [:/]
[signature]
[#000000][size 4]Hey I like that idea ! [/size][/#000000]
[#000000][size 4][/size][/#000000]
[#000000][size 4]We could have a wading party, And, after we're done fishing, we could all walk out to the island and set up tables and chairs and have a fish fry out there. [Wink][/size][/#000000]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Anybody is free to try to organize anything they want. But, BFT will not be officially sponsoring it nor coordinating all of the details.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Until Willard returns to some semblance of a boat friendly lake with lots of wipers, it is too restrictive to hold any extravaganzas.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#500050][size 4]Thanks for the reply LH and TD,[angelic] here is a thought, would BFT think about moving it to Yuba Res. this year? Wiper's at this location are nice. You Mod's see if BFT would do it at this location? THANKS [sly][/size][/#500050][/font]
[signature]
[font "Courier"][#500050][size 4]I stand Corrected[frown] Not Yuba, but Newcastle Res.[/size][/#500050][/font]
[font "Courier"][#500050][size 4]Is any one interested in Wiper Tournament @ New Castle? 2008[laugh][/size][/#500050][/font]
[signature]
To have any kind of fishing tournament it costs $150. and goes up from there with the new laws that just went in....
[signature]
Considering how far Newcastle is from the SLC area, and the high price of gas, it is unlikely that enough BFT members would be willing to make the trek to make it worthwhile. But hey, what do I know?
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing when I read this last night. I would like to go down to Newcastle but like you said Kent, these high gas prices will be changing a lot of folks wants this year[frown]. I just saw a gas price at a chevron for $3.45 for a gallon of regular, $4.19 for diesel, at this rate I'm going to need a second job just to pay for a fishing trip this year.[:/]
[signature]
[url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/rules/rules_toc.php"]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/rules/rules_toc.php[/url]

R657-58
you can have all the contests you want as long as they follow these Utah rules. Looks like less than 50 of us can enjoy a friendly competition with out too much interference from anyone. See Type 2 contests
[signature]
Thanks for the link, for those who don't want to search the document here is the pertinent information:

"(i) "Type II fishing contest" means a competitive event for warm or cold water fish species, other than a tagged fish contest, that meets all of the following criteria:
(a) involves fewer than 50 contestants;
(b) awards cash and/or prizes valued at less than $2,000; and
© does not utilize a live weigh-in"

"R-657-58-3. Certificate of Registration (COR) and General

(1) A COR is required for all Type I fishing contests and all tagged fish contests. The requirements are listed in subsections R657-58(4)(5)(6).
(2) A COR is not required for Type II fishing contests and fishing clinics."

"(a) "Certificate of Registration (COR)" means a license or permit issued by the division that authorizes a contest organizer to conduct a contest and spells out any special provisions and conditions that must be followed."
[signature]
Do we need btf to do a btf get together? If not a wiper fest (or what ever you want to call it) can be done the same way as the Cat Fest. I would be up for that and help any way I can.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]BFT does not have to officially sanction or sponsor anything, in order to set something up. Anybody can get the ball rolling and call in whoever they want to help.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Generally BFT will try to provide some kind of goodies to show support and us mods usually get involved in some fashion.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No reason we can't program SOMETHING for just about every month of the year. These things are always fun and a good place to meet fellow BFTers and learn new stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's the same thing I was thinking. Maybe not a tournament, per say, but just another gathering? BFT wouldn't sponsor, just that it's where the invitation is Wink

Maybe this time I could come AND stay a while Wink
I guess having prizes for best fish would be considered a tournament, though. What if we had multiple ones, so that more people could be included? Skinniest fish, smallest length, number of hours spent fishing and getting nothing (I'd win that!), etc.

And a fish fry (whether or not on an island, just anywhere) is good, too!
Now I'm all excited again.

(edit) er...ahem.... I guess TD was writin' his post the same time as me, with the same thoughts. I just pushed 'enter' later than he did LOL
[signature]
what kind of interest is there in this???
[signature]
I'd be up for coming if it was a little further up north.
[signature]
count me and the lunkerhunter in for willard tourney
[signature]
I would be interested in it as well with my son, we have not fished WB for years, would not mind fixing that issue[Wink]
[signature]
I'd be all about Willard also...the kitties are tasty there too. Also if we do it soon the bug should be at bay, with the weather so far this year we should have a couple more weeks before they come out in the hordes.[cool]

FF462
[signature]