Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard tonight (6-21)
Hit Willard tonight after the wind and rain settled down. Trolled south of the light pole, about 100 yards off of the dike, in 16 feet of water. We boated 3 Wipers, missed 2 others. It was a little slow tonight. We talked to quite a few other fishermen who didn't catch anything. The magic color tonight seemed to be blue back and a white belly rattler. My dad had the lions share of the fish, he was using some no-name brand rattler. I only had one hit on the Prism tonight. Not the best night out, but we did catch a few. We tried various trolling speeds, but we only could get hits at 3.6 MPH. Hope some other BFT ers had a good day fishing. The water level is dropping fast, with only 2-3 feet of water in the south marina channel, launching is becoming a hazard. Another week or two and the only boat you could launch from the south would be a flat duck boat with a mud motor! Be careful with your props when you go.
[signature]
Ditto to what Killer bee said

Although i didn't go to Willard tonight, i talked to my Father who made it out for a few hours. He said he propbably won't risk a prop by launching from the south Marina anymore. He was able to catch one smaller wiper on a black and silver shad rap.

I havent had a chance to to fish with any new lures due to the fact that they havent come in the mail yet...and because i live in Orem and My father "and the the boat" Live in Pleasant View.

If any of you see two Confused individuals in a white Bayliner with a white canvas top pulled by a Blue Travel van...feel free to say hi...and pass on a little bit of fishing education!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Bee, what were you using to check your speed? GPS, fishfinder? Wow, that water level has really dropped, it was 6ft deep last Saturday. Earlier this year they said they were only going to drop it 6ft but since it is only June, I bet they will take it lower, I wish they had dredged it a few feet deeper. WH2
[signature]
We were using a GPS to watch the speed. I'm still pretty amazed at the water level. The dredging barge was still in the inlet channel, it doesn't look like any dredging has taken place in the marina area yet. I hope they don't pull a Kaysville ponds and lower it so much the fish die off. One other question for everyone. Who made the decision to put the new flasher beacon on the inside of the marina? The only time you can see it is if you are in direct line to the marina channel. Talk about a waste of money. At least the one on the north marina is on the outer dike.
[signature]
Yea, who ever came up with the idea of putting the beacon inside the marina wasn't thinking, we suggested to them, if they are not going to move it, to at least extend it 10ft higher and maybe higher. Last week the barge wasn't in the channel, so they must have moved it there during the week. The reason I ask about how you were checking your speed is because the GPS speed reads higher than fish finder speed. Thanks for the info. WH2
[signature]
It all depends on your fishfinder and if you have the speed calibrated right. The GPS should be a more accurate way to go.
[signature]