Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba - Pike now off my bucket list-sat-PAINTED ROCKS
Had a very enjoyable day with bassrods. We headed out early in the morn and fished a total of 6 hours and caught 3 pike and 1 18" walleye. Smallest pike 21" - largest 30" & 7 lbs. Water was very smooth. Found a 13" carp in its belly. Finally got the northern pike off my bucket list. Thanks Cliff!

I forgot. Cliff pointed out the reason why its called "painted rocks" and here is a pic. How anyone ever got up there way back when is beyond me.
[signature]
Nice report. Those are some nice looking fish. Were you trolling or casting for them?

I was hoping to get back to yuba at the beginning of the week but now thanks to weather it will have to wait until friday next week.
[signature]
That does it. I'm tying up some 12" carp streamers.
[signature]
[quote TroutBumDave]That does it. I'm tying up some 12" carp streamers.[/quote]

What size of hook?
[signature]
nice job! awesome to see what big fish like to eat!!
[signature]
It was a good day on the water we need to do it again soon..
[signature]
We cast. I used a silver rat-l-trap. Tasted great fut I had a hard time getting the bones out when I filleted it. It produced a lot of meat.
[signature]
[quote Marathonman]We cast. I used a silver rat-l-trap. Tasted great fut I had a hard time getting the bones out when I filleted it. It produced a lot of meat.[/quote]

Yeah the Y bones do get in the way. I'll have to find that video I got that shows how to cut them out.
[signature]
Nice fish! Congratulations. You want to be careful.......Pike fishing can be addictive.
Fished from 9:30 until 5PM sunday. Caught 2 northerns, 1 yardstick about 10 - 12lbs and a little squirt.
Glad you got to fish with Cliff.
[signature]