Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
white bass in salem pond
I was looking through the proclamation and notice the catch and release state record for white bass is out of salem pond has anybody heard of any white bass in salem pond I have lived there for 30 years and never seen one before
[signature]
According to google maps the creek running out of Salem Pond flows into Utah Lake, so it's possible. That said, I've fished there quite a bit and never caught one. Caught just about every other kind of fish out of there though.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Not possible unless a bucket bio fool does something bad. The outlet has a gradient even a salmon wouldn't be able to climb, let alone a white bass. I could picture fishing jumping over the barrier but not ascending into the pond at all.
[signature]
That's a bummer. It would be cool if the two were connected.
[signature]
Actually I'm kinda glad it keeps most of the fish in Salem from disappearing into Utah Lake. I sure don't want all those fish to be able to travel away from there haha.
[signature]
That's a good point. I guess I wish that fish from Utah Lake could get into Salem Pond, but not get out.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Hahaha, wouldn't that be great, natural restocking haha.
[signature]