Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah fish taxidermist
Last week my dad caught first mackinaw of his life. I would like to get it mounted for him. Looking to do a skin mount.Many of you would say this fish is not of "wall hanger caliber" but many of you dont know my dad!!!
Anyone know of a great taxidermist in the state?
[signature]
I don't know if he still does it, but I used Jon Holley down in Springville and it was definitely worth the drive. He's the one that did almost (if not) all of the fish that up on the wall at Sportsman's Warehouse. He does great work. Let me know if you want his contact info.
[signature]
How far do you want to travel to drop off the fish? There are a bunch of taxidermist in Utah, a couple are members of this site. I know there is at least one or two in the Ogden area.
[signature]
Sid Killian. The best bar none in my opinion. Did an 18 lber for my daughter from the same lake. On the wall in the cabin. Best I have ever seen. PM me if you want further info. He is in Salt Lake area.
[signature]
Dan Johnson wilderness taxidermy
[signature]
Jon Holley does a good job, I just don't think he does skin stuff anymore, I'm pretty sure he just does paint. My brother got his brown done and it looks super!
[signature]
Look up Jerry Chivers in SLC. He has done most of the Mac;s you see hanging on the walls around town. It is a cast and the detail is best by far. Some of his other work is on display at DWR and Utah Lake St. Park. Check him out !!!!
I don't mind going as far south as slc.
[signature]
got any pics?
[signature]
Dan Johnson wilderness taxidermy, http://wilderness-taxidermy.com/
is the one I've heard about and I think he is a member of the site as well but I can't remember his username. fish_fear_me2 is a taxidermist.
[signature]