Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbs Pond in Layton
Has anyone fished Hobbs Pond? I saw they were going to attempt to turn it to a trophy fishery, but I haven't seen any new reports or anything on it. I haven't really seen any accurate reports on what the DWR has stocked it with
[signature]
Looking at their 2016 reports they planted 5000 4" Browns in there and 10000 3" rainbows in it. Havent fished it but have thought about it since its right around the corner from my place.
[signature]
With it being on the way to taking my daughter home to Sunset, I've been eyeballing it myself. I'd love to check it out
[signature]
Thank you for the stocking report.
[signature]
Any special access requirements with it like Adams has?
[signature]
where is Hobb's Pond?
[signature]
It's in East Layton between highway 193 and antelope near highway 89. See attached.
[signature]
I've never fished it, so I don't know of any special access requirements
[signature]
Yes it has special access requirements, The same walk in permit that you use at adams will work at Hobbs.

I have fished there a few times but have never had much luck. The fish that I have caught seem to be healthy but they have been lacking in size. The last time I looked the lake was limited to artificial fly and lure only.

Hope that helps
[signature]
[quote betterthanwork]Yes it has special access requirements, The same walk in permit that you use at adams will work at Hobbs.

I have fished there a few times but have never had much luck. The fish that I have caught seem to be healthy but they have been lacking in size. The last time I looked the lake was limited to artificial fly and lure only.

Hope that helps[/quote]

Thanks,

may have to look into what I need to do to get setup, I had just heard there was something. Since we are renting just up the hill and looking at buying just to the south I might as well get setup.
[signature]