Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB report 6/21/19
I went out to Lincoln Beach at 6:00 PM to see if the weather had totally put the cats down or what. It was pretty slow but I did catch a couple, a bullhead and a 24" channel. My cut bass was old and nasty so I wasn't too surprised that the only action I had was bullheads toting a head around. After about two hours a nice guy came by and asked if I wanted some cut white bass that they would just be throwing away. I said sure and replaced the nasty old head with it. It didn't take the 24"er long to glom onto it. At first it didn't put up much of a fight and I thought it was a bullhead but it came on strong when I got him in closer. I was fishing on or near the bottom under a bobber.

Rollers were coming in from the main part of the lake and the water was very muddy. It was calm in the channel, though. The wind and the cold finally drove me away at 8:30.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the report Craig, sounds like that big kitty made your day. Could you tell if the cats are getting close to spawning or is it pretty much over?
[signature]
From what I saw Friday and Saturday they are still in the thick of it. I've come to understand lately that they don't all spawn at the same time or not even necessarily every year, so it's hard to tell from a limited sample.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.