Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Lake
Just returned from 3 days on Cascade Lake, ID.  If anyone is interested in an up to date report, let me know or send PM.
(01-22-2023, 02:47 PM)trueblue2 Wrote: Just returned from 3 days on Cascade Lake, ID.  If anyone is interested in an up to date report, let me know or send PM.

tell me ?
Sure I’ll tell you!
Weather cold; 8F in am high of 24 each day. 3-4” new snow each night.
1st day: 3 perch in 3 hours
2nd day: 6 perch in 4 hours
3rd day: 8 perch in 5 hours
Biggest 15 1/2” (3)
Fished in 35 fow on flats above drop offs to old river beds south of island. Fish seemed to come up from deeper water to feed on flats. Fairly long periods of no activity, then several bites as school came thru. Larger perch all regurgitated 3” minnows. Bite was dawn to 10:00 and again at 1:30.
We had snowmobile problems which restricted our fishing time. Bite was almost exclusively on single #14 glow hook with one glow bead. Tungsten jigs were ineffective. Small nightcawlers or bloodworms only.
Hope this helps. I’ll be back up there mid Feb. Good luck! Trueblue2
Great report! Man, snowmobile problems are my life story this year, so I'm glad you were able to salvage the trip. 15.5" is a nice Perch. I pull in a 10" (tell the wife it's 15.5") and feel like the greatest fisherman ever. Haha
I was going to head out tomorrow, but I'll be tearing into the pull start assembly on one of my sleds instead.
Great report, sounds like the perch are consistent year after year with their behaviors.. That's about identical to what we found the last time I was there... With that much new snow daily is there a slush issue this year? Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-23-2023, 01:46 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Great report, sounds like the perch are consistent year after year with their behaviors.. That's about identical to what we found the last time I was there... With that much new snow daily is there a slush issue this year?  Thanks Jeff

What is the fish limit for perch in Wyoming. 
I've thought about a trip in fair weather, warmer days. Did you find a good hotel?
(01-23-2023, 03:35 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(01-23-2023, 01:46 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Great report, sounds like the perch are consistent year after year with their behaviors.. That's about identical to what we found the last time I was there... With that much new snow daily is there a slush issue this year?  Thanks Jeff

What is the fish limit for perch in Wyoming. 
I've thought about a trip in fair weather, warmer days. Did you find a good hotel?

Not sure the limit for Wyoming, Cascade is in Idaho up north of Boise about 80 miles... I don't think they have a limit on perch, but most people just keep a couple since they are usually 12-15"ers it doesn't take too many to make a meal... Don't trust my limit info, check the proclamation to makes sure...  In fact most people I seen were just keeping the smaller fish and letting the bigguns go... We rented an Air B&B cabin just off the lake so we could ride snowmobiles everywhere we went while we were there, it was a really fun trip.  We sort of had some issues with the cabin owner claiming damages to the floor and charging some of our group $3000 to replace the floor so we planned on taking our sleeper tents and staying on the ice the next time we go up... Only issue with that may be it gets really cold on that lake at night and I'd hope the heaters would keep us warm enough if temps dropped below zero... I've heard the Birch Creek Lodge is good to stay in but I don't have first hand experience to back that up... Good luck if you go try them... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!