Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfishing Cache Valley: report and question
Tonight I fished with a buddy off the bridge over Cutler reservoir (3000 N). Fished from midnight to 3 am and caught a few small mudcats using worms. I tried shrimp with little luck.

I wanted to try the Bear River across from the church in Bensen but only found muck.

Where are some good spots in Cache Valley to try for channel cats?
[signature]
Hash,

I've been doing quite well all spring and summer on the river right across from the church in Benson. Did you cross the marsh and get to the actual river, or were you just looking at the marsh from the road. With the high water conditions this year I've had to put on the waders to cross the marsh that currently looks like a big pond or stagnant river to get to the actual river channel. As a result I have seen very few folks over there but the fishing has been good. Earlier in the year I was getting them up under the brush along the bank but they seem to be moving into the deeper holes now.

I've never caught anything much other than little mudders at the bridge but I was usually fishing for them with my 3 and 2 yr old boys. I did go once by myself however and fished with large chunks of carp meat and landed a walleye and had something else bigger on until it threw the hook.

I'm heading to Benson tommorrow morning at 5 AM to try for a couple of hours, I'll post up how it goes.
[signature]
[reply]
Did you cross the marsh and get to the actual river, or were you just looking at the marsh from the road. [/reply]
When I got there (at 11pm) I could not find the trail. After a long time wondering through grass taller than me, I found the trail and then the disgusting marsh, and gave up on it. I had no idea about the main river channel being somewhere else. Thanks.
[signature]
Fishing was fantastik!!! I got there about 5:30 AM and had nonstop action the whole time I was there. There was a couple of times while I was waiting to set the hook on a bite that the other pole got a bite too. I caught a mix of carp and kitties and even hit two walleye as well. It seemed like as it started to warm up later on I got more hits when I could find shaded water.
[signature]