Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake and white bass Q?
I want to take my 4 year old boy to Lindon harbor tomorrow eve and get him in on some of the Hot White Bass bite thats going on now. I myself have never caught a white bass and although in the recent report they said spinners were producing well, I am not willing to subject myself to the hooks in the ears and nose and where evers that are bound to happen if I turn a 4 year old loose with a spinner. Don't get me wrong, he can cast pretty good...for a 4 year old...sometimes...with help most times...and definitely with heavy adult supervision or else him, I or an innocent passerby risks serious bodily injury, life and limb.

So I was wondering if there was a more child friendly method, maybe not quite as effective but enough to keep the attention of the typical 4 year old boy. I was thinking of a technique that may be a little closer to worm and bobber rather than repeatedly casting heavy Iron.

Like I said I have never fished for whites before so am not familiar with their feeding habits. Maybe something like a jig under bobber that may be slowly and occassionally twitched back toward said 4 year old boy.

Any info would be appreciated by said 4 year old boy, afore mentioned boys Papa and any innocent passersby
Bigpapafish
[signature]
I don't see why a jig and bobber couldn't get a white bass . Sweetin the jig with worm should catch you something . Play with the adjustment of bobber to find where they like it .
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey bigpapafish,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]A worm under a bobber while fishing at Utah lake for catfish has worked for me. Just try casting out and letting the bobber drift into the rocks - the white bass like to hang close in by the rocks. Just adjust the depth until you find the right place.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I have found that the best way is to catch a white bass yourself. Then just use a plain hook under a bobber for your son. Cut up the white bass that you caught, into good sized chunks, and use that on the hook for your son. Will outfish the worm and bobber combo anyday of the week, for white bass that is, especially when they are on a feeding craze like they are now. You also have a chance at catching other fish with that setup also. Hope that helps.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Hey thanks guys for the tips.
We'll let you know how it works out. I just really like the bobber setup for little kids, they can see where their bait is and they can see easily if they get a bite. Also alot less casting, tangles and other issues.

Well wish us luck on our big white bass adventure, and thanks again for the tips and info...
Bigpapafish
[signature]