Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith Moorehouse & Rockport (report)
I went up to Smith moorehouse Reservoir on Sunday to do some tubing and found out that it still had ice on most of it.There was about 15ft of open water all along the dam. I tried spinner and jigs with out luck, so I went down to the outlet and started to chuck a nightcrawler in all the little pockets. I ended up with 3-7" brookies. I went back up to the dam and caught 3-12" rainbows on worm. The road up to the dam was a little rough, but I gort up there o.k. with my car. I tried to go around to the inlet but stopped shorty after the dam because of ice and mud.
I hit some of my honey holes on the way down to Rockport with out any luck. When I got to rockport the inlet was crowded with people so I went over to one of the rocky points hoping for something. I was just about to go home when a big brown decided to scare the crap out of me. I was using a Mepps spinner and it was just about to break the surface of the water about 3ft from shore. when out of no where this brown hits it. It went head over tail with a big splash and spit the hook back at me. It was about 20" long.
I talked to a fisherman who was doing well at Rockport with worm and marshmellow for trout.
[signature]
Great report Tincanfsh. You seem to have the bad juju lately when it comes to those big browns. Oh well, you're saving up your karma for that 10 plus salmo trutta. Then you'll have to come up with $300 to get it on the wall. There goes your kayak LMAO. Later

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Thanks for the report tincanfsh I've been wondering if smith and moorehouse was still iced over I've never been there but want to try it out this spring. W[Smile]as there alot of snow around the bank?
[signature]
Hey Hobbie,
There was no snow around the bank.There is alot of snow on the ridges. It is a great little reservoir. I don't think there are real big fish in it, but the scenery is more them a enough.
[signature]