Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp
Wheres a good place to try for carp around Ogden? Ive never caught one thought I would try it this weekend.
[signature]
IM Deeds.... He might be able to help you out. He lives up there.
[signature]
Use a larger treble hook with a ball of bread packed around it to make a dough ball. Also heard that the corn flavored baits work well too as they just can't resist the corn. Don't use corn as you may earn yourself a fine as it is a big no-no.

Willard, the North Marina, East bank shallows out from any of the parking areas.

Pineview, down cemetary point north side. North side of the narrows area by Port Ramp there is a trail head parking (no fee) and also some side of road parking where you can walkdown. Go to where the shallow bays are, same tactics.

The consensus is that they need to be controlled as nothing else is doing it. So if you are so inclined, slit their bellies and let them be feed for the other more desirable fish and the birds. Leaving them on the bank kind of fouls it up for the other fishermen.

While you were at it for the carp, you could set up another pole for Wipers and Cats at Willard and Bass or Tigers at Pineview. Wonder if you could still do that and not have a second-pole permit?

Greg
[signature]
Thanks I'll try it out at willard but I dont know if I can stay away from catching wipers! Man I love them! oh yeah them boils are looking nice try rubbing some vasaline on them before you go in the sun to clear them up.[cool]
[signature]
Vaseline hmmmmm!!

Thanks for the advice!

You know, my boil troubles began with my adapting and old saying:

"If you want to catch fish, be one with the fish!"

I rationalized:
"If you want to be a part of a Wiper boil, be one with the boil!!!"

You guys are all so kind to me, it makes we weep! Oh wait, that may have been weeping from a boil.

Greg
[signature]
[quote fishin_nut]
While you were at it for the carp, you could set up another pole for Wipers and Cats at Willard and Bass or Tigers at Pineview. Wonder if you could still do that and not have a second-pole permit?

Greg[/quote]

Fishing for any types of fish with two rods would definitely require a second-pole permit.
[signature]
Is carp a fish that requires a license in Utah? I tried to look up the regs online but it appears that the Nat Res website is dragging this afternoon.
[signature]
If one is age 12 or older they must have a license to fish for any fish in Utah.
[signature]
Yeah, that makes sense as to how could you prove you were only targeting non-game or prevent catching a game fish. I have a 2nd pole permit but just did not want to misinform someone.

Thanks!
Greg
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]If one is age 12 or older they must have a license to fish for any fish in Utah.[/quote]

One exception would be fishing on a private body of water, and of course there is that Free Fishing Day.
[signature]
Its ok fellas I have a 2 pole permit.
[signature]