Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monster logan river brown!!!!!
my niece got this last winter off the the logan river they caught a second one the same day that was 2 pounds smaller
[signature]
Incredible fish!
[signature]
Wow, what a hog.... That's cool if she could handle a fish that large, she's got me beat for sure.... Thanks for the story... Later J
[signature]
i dont know the whole story i know she got that one im guessing with some help and her dad got one like 2 pounds smaller out of the same hole on the logan i didnt even think that river had fish this big
[signature]
The Logan River has some hogs, years ago they caught one that was almost a state record Brown out of first dam, but I think they didn't catch it fairly so it wasn't allowed.... Seems like it was a 30 lber, but my memory sucks and I have been known to fish so this may be a total exaderation, but they did catch a big fish... I'm sure someone with a good memory will correct me on this one... Anyway good to see there are still some great fish in there... Later J
[signature]
There are some really big fish in the dams, and the river below town seems to hold some big fish too. I saw a guy pull a 29 inch brown out of 1st dam, he was using shrimp.
[signature]
What a beast! Impressive fish
[signature]
WOW! What a catch.
[signature]
That is CRAZY! Wouldn't think RIVER browns would be that thick.
[signature]
I remember reading about that too. If I recall, it was during the earlier half of the 20th century and it was pitch forked out(at least the one in the newspaper article was). Over 30 pounds according to the article.
Right there at second dam where it comes out of the building is a good spot during late fall and winter for the occasional monster and plenty of whitefish too. I have caught them up to about 5-6 pounds from there in the past, 24-27". Haven't fished it for over 8 years though. Nice to see there are still monsters in there.
1st dam is always a solid winter bet for big old browns too. They don't seem to show up on the end of the line often, but occasionally you will see them cruise in around the pier. At night if you shine a light you can sometimes see them cruising. Kinda reminds me of the big browns in tibble fork or Vivian park pond.
And for the record, that fish is a freaking toad!
[signature]
I think I was thinking of a different one because it was caught on a bamboo pole that had been pulled out of the first guys hands and then later someone else seen the pole and pulled it in and the monster fish was still on the line. Plus this was closer to the eighties when this one was caught. But I have heard pitch fork stories as well. Thanks for the other tips. J
[signature]
Ya, that one your talking about must be different. The Harold journal wrote a story a few years back about the pitch fork fish during the twentys or sometime about then. If I recall, it was a power company employee or something to that effect that saw the fish by the dam and went home for the pitch fork and came back and stabbed it out with it.
On a side note, the DWR electro shocked a near state record brown in blacksmith fork river a few years back also, so there are still some monsters lurking out there.
[signature]
It's amazing they can grow so big in a small stream but they do okay there. They get smart to avoid falling for a fishermans lure that long. Fish like that always keep ya going back and hoping to get lucky. Later J
[signature]