Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Batter
Hey guys, I have a few recipes that I use frequently for cooking fish but am curious if any of you have a great fish batter recipe. Would love to hear from ya.

p.s. I live by the Willard North Marina if anyone wants to go anytime PM me.
[signature]
I've legitimately never caught a fish at Willard despite trying 3 times, if you could show me the ropes that would be really cool.
[signature]
My all time favorite using equal parts of pancake mix, yellow corn meal, flour then season to taste
1) dip fish in an egg/milk mixture
2) dredge in breading
3) fry in oil
[signature]
Well I used to be a beer and bisquick guy for deep frying, but now after a Minnesota walleye fishing friend of mine told me about panko, that's about all I do now.

Wash and Dry the fillets, dip in egg and milk mixture, dip in flour first, then back in the egg/milk, then roll in panko crumbs; pan fry in hot oil with a tablespoon of butter. Cook a couple of minutes a side is all...

In either case, beer and bisquick deep fry or pan fried panko, I like just salt and pepper for flavor, nothing else. Cant beat it, in fact we just ate a mess of panko covered WB...outstanding!
[signature]
Come on up, [#0066cc]schfifty5iv[/#0066cc] I'll take you out anytime!

Well, the beer batter recipe was excellent last night! Going to try the Panko recipe tonight! Thanks for the tips guys/gals!
[signature]