Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cookie and the Cowboys Garden Journal
Gona try to post a photo or two and see if I have issues...

On the subject of Iris starts, Curt and J&J, we would love some from either or both of ya. Not quite ready in that area, yet. However, If you go to separating them let me know, we would take any colors, and I will find a spot, otherwise it might be fall before I am caught up and ready. Same for daylilies. Thanks for the offer

The photo below is a shade bed that my mom built. We are slowly restoring it to her original layout with the ferns, old fashion bleeding hearts, and hostas, she loved. Fortunately her columbines, and catchflies had self seeded, so they were still there. Unfortunately her prized burning bush had bit the dust and most of the trees and shrubs that are still there are over grown and need some serious pruning. Will take a bit of time to slowly bring them back to the right size without damaging them.

[Image: Cookie-Cowboys-Garden.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
A few more photos of some of the front sun and shade beds in transition back to the original layouts.

[Image: C-C1.jpg]

[Image: C-C2.jpg]

[Image: C-C3.jpg]

[Image: C-C4.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks nice Lance, you must have been doing a lot of work from those pics. I never thin my Iris plants unless I have a place to move them but I have all you will ever need when you are ready for them.
(06-02-2021, 12:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks nice Lance, you must have been doing a lot of work from those pics. I never thin my Iris plants unless I have a place to move them but I have all you will ever need when you are ready for them.

10-4 I am jumping to the backyard for the next week as I have to get the garden in now before it gets to hot. When I get some beds ready for them Iris's I will let you know.
(06-02-2021, 12:46 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks nice Lance, you must have been doing a lot of work from those pics. I never thin my Iris plants unless I have a place to move them but I have all you will ever need when you are ready for them.

10-4 I am jumping to the backyard for the next week as I have to get the garden in now before it gets to hot. When I get some beds ready for them Iris's I will let you know.
Sounds good my friend, they will be here when you are ready.
Back yard was really a mess. First installed Cookies swim spa, then found moms old rock garden lines and started killing weeds and spraying grass to open them back up. Hauled in soil and soil  pep. Started planting fruit trees, shade trees, flowers and garden. Got some work to do to get grass going again. Half the tomatoes look like transport shock will get them, but will add extras. Found moms old red and white classic peonies and a flowering Canadian red that she had. Starting to look better. Had a pool party with brothers grand kids. Mom would have liked that.

[Image: c-c1.jpg]

[Image: c-c2.jpg]

[Image: c-c3.jpg]

[Image: c-c4.jpg]

[Image: c-c5.jpg]

[Image: c-c6.jpg]
That looks great Lance, you have done a lot of work there.
A garden update....sunflowers doing well. Got some 6 footers. Pumpkin and melon patch is looking good. And, the Tomatoes still like the old loader tire Dad and I hauled down from the plant years ago. Kept em warm then and still does.

[Image: 20210726-201048.jpg]

[Image: 20210726-201115.jpg]

[Image: 20210726-201127.jpg]
Looks great Lance, you place has come a long ways since you moved in. Are you getting much produce yet?
Who else can grow flowers in ice
[Image: 20211122-141115.jpg]
(11-22-2021, 09:30 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Who else can grow flowers in ice

How did you manage that?, We have some flowers growing outside but they are not in ice. Most died with that last frost but this one was somehow able to survive.
(11-22-2021, 10:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 09:30 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Who else can grow flowers in ice

How did you manage that?, We have some flowers growing outside but they are not in ice. Most died with that last frost but this one was somehow able to survive.

Its a special gift i have. To bad I can't grow them in the summer
Hows the garden doing this year Lance?